Monday, May 12, 2008

Sick-y



This was the Saturday evening project that got completed. FINALLY, the Clapotis for my son's teacher is done. I'm thinking of the best time to gift it to her now. I might wait until his graduation, June 12th. Not sure, though. Still thinking. Any ideas?

So, today I took my first sick day of the year. I have been feeling worse, not better, this weekend. Could have something to do with The Boy getting strep throat, could have something to do with the fact that some YAHOO over on yahoo hot jobs (yes, I'm slammin' 'em) charged almost $2000.00 to my checking account, causing a huge negative balance, and overdraw fees out the wazoo. I itched my way through that phone call to the fraud department (I do not have a yahoo account AT ALL), and really, really needed a pain pill when it was all over!!

Sooooooo, needless to say - I didn't get as much relaxing done this weekend as I'd planned. Yesterday at the urgent care center with The Boy, I thought I was going to pass out standing there with him, and had to "steal" the seat his dad was occupying (there's a reason why I'm no longer married to this man) so that I wouldn't become a patient as well!

The only other thing I managed to do yesterday was swatch for the Shawl With Cables, start and restart the pattern several times with the Silky Tweed, decide it was just too soft to use in this pattern, count up the skeins of Kersti that I had on hand, and happily decide that the shawl would just HAVE to be knit it that instead. Darn the bad luck.

Here's the beginning of the shawl as of bedtime last night.

It's not that I knit that slow, but I did have some issues to deal with before sitting down to serious knitting, ya know!

I plan to plug away at it a bit more today. It's a really quick pattern (at least for now!) and great for someone just learning cables, if you're interested! There's just one cable row, followed by four patterned rows without. Quick and easy, and so pleasant in the Kersti. I love that stuff. It's color 522X if you are looking around for it. I am ADDICTED to the speckled colorways (remember my Clapotis?). Usually, when I see Koigu in a store or spot a deal online, I see what they have in the speckled colorways and only get some of that. I could do a whole collection of just speckled Koigu and be happy, happy, happy!

:O)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Pretty Clappy!! I think graduation is a perfect time to give it to her. Hope you feel better!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Sorry you had to deal with that fraud issue, and you haven't been feeling well!! Clapotis looks great though!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

clapotis is beautiful! I think that you should present it before the graduation so that it doesn't get lost in the festivities and excitement...
get well soon, you and the boy!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Bella Shacklebolt said...

Hope you are feeling better! That is a lot of money. This happened to me several years ago too....I think it stemmed from ebay but not entirely sure. At any rate, it was a pain in the ass, but the good thing is that now you can get a free copy of your credit report from all 3 agencies to make sure that there aren't any more surprises waiting around the corner for you.

Give the teacher the clap now! LOL

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home