Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Belated THANK YOU!!!



I forgot to say this in a timely manner, but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap (4) partner, Madam Ferula McGonagal! She was a most awesome-est swap partner. She hooked me up with this:

That is the coolest stuff! I loved everything! Particularly the cool bag and the scrumptious (funny story about that later) Hogwarts inspired yarn! It was unlabeled, so I'm assuming she dyed it herself???? I really don't know (still) her true identity, but I would love to know who it is!!!!

Here's a rundown of all the goodies, in case you think you want some for yourself. Or I may be doing this just to make you drool. Either way - here goes: There's the bag itself (I'm calling it my Hermione bag 'cause I'm re-reading book 7 right now, and MAN does that girl know how to pack a bag!), a book (!) of socks that I'm dying to get more into, a Bertie Botts bean-bag kit that I plan to give to The Boy - he'll love it -- a card with my favorite candy bar on the front (aren't they all), a cute lil' Harry statue, the famous Bertie Botts beans themselves, a tin of mints that's actually holding some darling stitch markers M. McGonagal made for me, some yummy-yummy Gryffindor colored yarn, 2 different Knit Picks needles (I plan to try the magic loop with the long ones), lovely handmade soap, and two individual patterns for socks. I really want to try the Bellatrix one of these days and now I have no excuse!

I was overjoyed by my kit, but a bit overwhelmed right now with goings-on.

The Boy FINALLY went back to school today. He was mad at me, though, because I let it slip (like a dummy) that he'd been given permission to come to my classroom if his school was still closed. This is not an ideal situation, and his school was open, so I was saved from having him in my room and having him see my students and how they act. He, however, was pissed. One day I'll learn to keep my big mouth shut!

I also am trying my best to get that danged Swan Lake/Mystery Shawl finished, but, like I told my mother tonight, if I keep messing up and after two hours only have two rows successfully knit, I'm not gonna be able to wear the thing to the event! ARGH! I think I've gotten it straightened out now, but I sure did to a lot of tinkin' tonight, and very little new knittin'!

Last on the list is work - which strangely enough always tries to be first!!! But this should actually be interesting and worth my time. I was added to the class list for another educator's course at the Kennedy Center for tomorrow night. The class/workshop is called "Integrating Movement in Teaching Math and Science" and I'm very psyched for it. I am looking forward to next year when I have walls and can really put the things I am learning in these classes to use. I have put some storytelling/re-enacting bits into my lessons since the last few courses I took on those subjects, but it will be a lot easier next year when I don't have to worry about disturbing my neighbors like I do now with open-area classrooms.

I plan to take metro down tomorrow night, so I hope to get some knitting done on my Earth Mother Clapotis on the way to and from class. Wish me luck!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

good luck!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clapotis is a HORRIBLE word! How's your Clap? Making any progress? LOL GROSS!

I love your goody bag from the swap. I still haven't gotten mine, but my partner says she's sending so we'll wait and see. I gave her mom's address give the situation here. You'll have to let me know when it arrives.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh! I think it did. You are on the phone with Mom, so I'm sure the situation is handled!

:O)

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home