Sunday, April 27, 2008

His Very First Rock Concert, Ever!



Yes, that's right - in my quest for the Mommy-of-the-Year award, I took The Boy to see The Doodlebops. This is one group/show that I don't really mind watching, 'cause at least there's a decent song at the end!

I got an e-mail from TicketMaster (once you buy online, you're on the list forever!) outlining the deals for the week just after Christmas. Since The Boy's birthday is in February, I thought it would be a great idea to give him concert tickets for a birthday present. He loved getting the tickets, and really kept the concert in mind - he'd ask - WE DIDN'T MISS THE DODDLEBOPS, DID WE?????? At least once a week! It was a long wait from the middle of February to the middle of April.

But finally, last weekend, we went. The pictures I took were horrible, so the image you see isn't quite an accurate one of what we saw, but we did have great seats - it's the best ones I've ever gotten for a show - row E, slightly off to the right of stage, which, at the Lyric (in Baltimore, MD) apparently means the 7th row from the stage, not the 5th like you'd think. Either way, we were up really nice and close.

Being that close meant that we could actually see the performers' expressions and mannerisms, and I have to hand it to them, those Doodlebops really do seem to like performing for the kiddos. And Moe Doddle really CAN break-dance. He's pretty good, too. He's also a bit of a charmer. When he wasn't "on" he would be sure to come to the front of the stage and wink or give the hi-5 sign to different kids in the audience. Smooth.

Also, since we were so close, The Boy ran up at the end when they all came out to the wings of the stage to get up close with the kids, but he was a bit too late. Normally, he'd have been crushed, and pouted for ages, but he was so thrilled to be at the show, that he snapped right out of it!

All in all, it was a good show, and I'm glad he got the chance to go. Besides a bit of rain that day, and an incident with a puddle on the way back to the car (if you know my son, you know there was no possible way he could walk safely past that puddle - silly me for getting upset!), we had a great time, and he really loved it. It was so cute to hear him back in the car after the show. Apparently, he'd been more excited than I realized, because as he was buckling himself into the car, he said "Well, at your first rock concert ever, you SHOULD be a little nervous, right??"

Awww, how cute!!!!

:O)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun. That's one of the fun things about having kids; you get to go to these silly, colorful concerts & have a good time.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

You are a super mom! AND find time to knit!??! I cannot believe that auction. WOW. That is impressive!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stole. It is so pretty and I love the color.

I am working on my first Clap and I don't see how I'll have enough yarn. Or, if i'll ever finish.

I am so envious of your Hogwarts swap. I did not enter this time. Too lazy. But WOW! WHat a cool package!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Yeap! You get the Super Mom of the Year award. Way to go kid. I'm very proud of you. Now you just have to get your butt down here this summer so we can scrapbook. Love and Miss You.

Pam

10:33 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Very cute story. You are definitely getting the Mom of the Year award!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home