Saturday, April 04, 2009





Molly had a haircut the other day. She's not really a puppy anymore - I think April 11th is the birthday, and she got a full, shave-down, get-rid-of-the-puppy-hair-mats haircut. Poodles are SKINNY!!!! But her fur looks so much better like this - very lustrous, like a crushed velvet pillow. She's all about everyone petting her now, too - really funny. If you're petting her with just one hand, she'll nudge the other as if to remind you that you could be doing a better job!!

In other news, Spring Break has started. We are "stay-cation" -ing it. I'll let you know how it goes. We plan to visit places in the local area that we haven't had time to go to lately, and to do some Spring cleaning. Woo-hoo! I've only brought one work/school related project home, and I plan to stick to it!

My cousin Carol is coming down, so I'm sure there will be plenty of fiber-related activities, and I have a goal of finishing my Whisper Cardigan by the time the break is over, so that I have my protection against the school A/C that I know is coming up. Yesterday it was 70 outside and the heat was on, so we all roasted! They can never get it right, and we all freeze all Spring long, so I need to be sure I've got an emergency cover, which is the whole idea I had behind the Whisper Cardigan. I'm knitting it out of some Creatively Dyed sock yarn in the colorway "Sour Orange" and it's turning out really great. It's a teeny-tiny knit, so the slight added weight with sock yarn instead of laceweight is just right to make it more substantial, since I'm a bit of a more substantial girl!

FO pictures by Monday, April 13th!!!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is cute and she'd better put on a few pounds so Max doesn't have quite a weight advantage over her :) when they thrash!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

We're gonna get some America's Funniest Video moments while they are together!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I had a poodle growing up - they are the sweetest dogs!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home