Saturday, March 28, 2009

Worless Because I Have No Time

Here's some pretty pictures. I'll update with the actual news that goes with it later. Apparently, I am incapable of a wordless post!


Creatively Dyed yarn - quickly becoming the Whisper Cardigan - this will be my summer sweater to fend off the air-conditioning!

Holy-crap my bobbin broke! WHILE I was plying some yummy yarn! ARG!!!

Cool fiber I got at the Yarn Party that has sari threads carded in - it's called Confetti. I plan to spin, then dye this - fun, fun!!!


Alpaca from an animal named Gracie - the owners are so nice - I'll post on their farm and animals later this spring, after I make a visit!


First installment of the Intention Yarns yarn club. Things are a bit wonky getting the club off the ground, but the yarn is nice. They will become Monkey socks (finally!).


Pictures of some fiber from a fiber-study group. I've got one ounce of about 11 different fibers. This is Border Leicester, and I love the natural color. Washed, but not carded or spun as of yet. I wanted to have another washed and ready to go for when I'm prepared to deal with it.



The first two skeins of Corredale that I'm spinning up - it actually goes right along with one of the PS 4 themes - "north" since half of this fiber is from my trip to Canada this past summer. I'm plying that fiber with a lighter colored corriedale that I got locally at Cloverhill, and it's turning out wonderfully. A study in spinning, too - because I'm doing long draw with one strand, and short forward with the other. Interesting!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

THAT is a lot of yarn yumminess!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received my shipment, but haven't opened it yet because it is so stinky! I'm going to bring it home with me though so that I can wash it and spin it up.

That's some really dirty water by the way! GROSS.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Heh. Zachary told me "Mommy, you know sheep pee on other sheep." Serious as a heart attack! He's a mess.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home