Monday, February 23, 2009

Coffee Swap!!



I was finally able to get in on the Knitter's Coffee Swap - this is number 4 and I'm just getting in - not for lack of trying, but my timing, apparently, could be better!

So, my package arrived from my wonderful pal Tessah - she's just great! She lives in Japan (I'm going international when I swap these days - to see what's going on on the other side of the world!!!), and sent some wonderful goodies!

Right now, I'm enjoying some "Blendy" coffee for my after-dinner treat, along with some surprising biscuits. I'm not 100% positive what I'm eating (not that that's a problem with me - I love food), but I'm thinking these are a mild, iced wasabi cracker???? Something tastes a bit salty underneath, but they're clearly iced on top . . . Definitely interesting. She also sent chocolate-filled cookie "biscuits" that look a bit more traditional, a cute note holder that will go on my desk at school(work), TWO different coffees (the "Blendy" plus one from Brazil that looks like it has chocolate added in (the Blendy has a little something in it, too, very mild, but lovely), and TWO different Imperial yarns - two skeins of a medium-weight dusty pink that I'm thinking "hat" with, and two skeins of a heavier celadon green that I'm thinking I'll make into a chunky scarf (since I found so many interesting patterns when researching for the package I sent her!!!).

Once again, a wonderful package and a new friend to boot. I'd been "off" from swapping for a while, but I have really enjoyed my last two - probably because there was no "make" part to it - just get to know the person, put a package together and send! I think I was getting burnt out on the ones that involved making something to send - requires a bit more time and effort, and takes away (excuse me for being selfish) from the time I'd be spending on my own personal knitting or gift knitting, etc. Maybe I WILL go sign up for that Indie dyer swap like I wanted . . .

***** ***** ***** *****

In knitting news, I'm plugging away at my two (3?) projects slowly but surely - I have one sleeve finished and the other started on Frances, I'm about to change over into the gold color on my Kauni Convertible, and the baby surprise jacket? Well it's pretty much still the same. I need to get knitting on that again soon, especially since the recipient was nice enough to loan me a store bought sweater she had on the other day so I can attempt to copy it!! Wish me luck - I've planned to do this several times, but haven't quite gotten there. I'm thinking there's hope with this one, however, since I can't just rip the tags off and wear it like when I "plan" on returning it, since it actually does belong to someone else!!!! Wish me luck!

I also broke down two weekends ago and stained the Ashford supplies I've gotten recently to go with my wheel. Everything from them is unfinished, which gave me the chance to test out the stains before tackling the bigger project - the wheel. Here's the lazy kate, stained in "pecan" along with the top bobbin. The center bobbin is stained the cherry color that I will do the main wheel on the Hitchhiker. The bottom bobbin is still unfinished, as it had yarn on it during the staining. I think I'm happy, but I definitely like the pecan a little better than the cherry, although I do think I'll be happy with how the wheel looks when it's finished with both stains.


The yarns I've been spinning - the outer two are wheel spun, with some Creatively Dyed fiber that is YUMMY, and the center is some romney I've been doing on my Bosworth spindle.



Here's my "space" that I've been rearranging - trying to get organized and unclutter things to allow for some creativity
***** ***** ***** *****

And, finally - The Boy. He's a mess. He FINALLY got his sleepover, and man, was that FUN!!! (Note the sarcasm!) Seriously, though - it wasn't that bad. I'd consider doing it again - for only one or two friends, not 5!!! That was a bit much. But everyone had fun - the only tears were from my spoiled rotten brat, and only one child had to be put in timeout. Seriously. If you are bad enough to get put in timeout during a PARTY, you probably won't get invited back. Dude. Calm the $#@! down!!! Wow.


Here he is the morning after. Notice they're all absorbed in the Wii once again. That thing is good for something, right??? Thank goodness for Mario Kart!!!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your yarn looks beautiful. I like the pecan stain the best. I'm thinking a spinning wheel is in my future too...Oh boy!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

hi dear!im glad you like them.i just hope you could make good projects out of it.Im sure you will! Ei you have a lot of projects going on huh?!Love your passion in knitting.Might be stick around you more often or I will be happy to be one of your disciple.lol! TC!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

I'm surprised you're still alive after the slumber party.

You got some great stuff in the package. I stopped doing those long ago because I have a difficult time getting to the post office because of my job.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home