Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome, Sir.



I am at home. I am warm. I am NOT venturing downtown to watch the festivities. My part of "living history" was the day I voted for Barack Hussein Obama. Now, he will be the president even if I'm not freezing my tuckus off on the Mall. I prefer to get a closeup view on my living room tv.

Besides, it's too cold to knit while I wait, so I would NOT be hanging out on the Mall no matter what was going on!

Welcome Mr. President (and please forgive me for the numerous times I've said "pe the Bresident" in my head these days. Runny Babbit will do that do you!)

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to watch the festivities, spin some yarn, and find pictures for a timeline project the boy has due at school this week!

:O)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed taking in the festivities from the comfort of my Baku living room.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I had to work and so missed the festivities. I did catch the speech and it made tears roll down my face. Let's all cross our fingers that this man is the real thing.

And your sunshine roving came out very much like mine. I just pulled from the roving and spun it, no planning ahead. I like the surprise of how it will turn out. It'll be interesting to see how the yarn of the people who put some effort in making the colors come out the way they wanted works.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home