Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Thought It Would Explode!

My heart, that is!

The Boy performed today at his first violin recital. Thanks to the wonders of livin' wit' my momma and such, I have the luxury of being able to put him through a Suzuki violin program. They have a partnership with his school, so they come right to school, take him out of class for one half hour a week, and work their miracles. He practices occasionally at home (much more in the last month, since his teacher said the word "recital" to me), and was able to play a basic rhythm - Mississipi Hot Dog. His teacher calls it "BREAD." Basically, someone reminds him of when to switch his fingers to get the different notes, and then he plays the same rhythm on each note. It all leads up to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which you would think was a basic enough song. But the way the Suzuki people do it, that's a goal, not a starting point, and they all get it! Great. I was a very proud mamma, I'll tell you.

The place was packed. I had a very poor seat, but moved so I could have him in view when he was "on", which I think was good, because he could see me at the back of the room. I was wearing bright red, so I kinda stood out! He did great! Even claimed he wasn't nervous! Awww. My bAE-by!

Here he is before we left the house. He just can't be serious.

Unless he's playing the violin in front of 100 parents and family members:

Here's The Crew - the two buddies beside him are favorite runnin' buddies. All spoiled, all cute as hell.

In other news:

Can you keep a secret?

The headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix is at No. 12 Grimmauld Place.

That was for my HSKS5 peeps. Just keepin' it real. A sista wants some yarn, ya know?!

And, this:

is what has me insanely distracted right now. The beginnings of my Lizard Ridge Afghan. I know my short rows suck, but who cares with all those lumpy lizard ridges popping up all over the place? I think I finally "get" Noro now!!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ooooh, Lizard Ridge! I have 8 squares done so far. Aren't they addictive? I always want to start a new one the instant I finish one. I do have three new skeins of Kureyon here that I haven't touched yet, though. Trying to be good and get some other pressing knitting done first! (Like things for my spoilee...)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Your son is so darling! Congrats to him (and you) on his first recital. I took Suzuki cello lessons as a kid (my mom taught violin) and it was a wonderful way to learn...the music comes naturally, like learning to read or speak.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Bella Shacklebolt said...

That boy sure is cute!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home