Sunday, February 24, 2008

Awww, Shucks!

Thanks, so much, everyone, for the kind comments about my Tilted Duster. I really, really like it, and I'm sure with the crazy weather we get through the end of winter and into spring, that I will get plenty of use out of it! It's so nice and snuggly, it can always be my "jacket" on chilly days. In fact, I'm planning on it!

I have been undecided about what to knit on since finishing Tilted. I have a zillion things on the needles, and I've been playing around with knitting on one or the other, but never got that "do this" feeling from any of them.

I NEED to finish up the bag I'm making for my Hogwarts pal, since I just have to do the holes for the straps and finish all the yarn (hoping I have enough). I also want to get the socks I'm knitting on two circulars off the needles, and the next set cast on so that I can be finished with two (!) pair already! The jury is still out on whether or not this is the greatest idea ever invented for sock knitting or not. Next time, I am definitely doing the SAME yarn for one complete pair when I'm finished. I kinda feel like I coulda done this knitting one at a time, if I have to cast on AGAIN to get a completed pair of either! Oh well, live, knit and learn, right?

Okay, back to the knitting infidelity (which is the only forgiveable kind, but I digress). . . I picked up the Clapotis that I'm knitting for my son's teacher today, and actually did get that "do this" feeling, so I'm going to stick to that for now. Once I finish the bag. And knit on my socks here and there. . . . uh oh! Seems like I'm back to the drawing board, huh?

In other news: I went to a workshop yesterday. One about integrating arts into the curriculum. It was fabulous. I learned a lot, got to do some hands-on stuff, networked (which I suck at), and got a bit excited about some ways to try to get my wiggly, bored class excited about learning! I will let you know how it goes, but for now, looky how creative I am!

Here's a tree of life, Klimt style:

And, because I'm an overachiever (and we had time), here's another. I think I like this one best, although I really had fun with all the symbols in the first one! I was trying to be very textile focused. There's a basket, mat, and hand symbols in the first. In this second one, I used the symbols for a typical Native American life - horse herd tracks, thunderbird and tracks, and the tribesmen. Fun. Too bad we don't study Native Americans in 1st grade, although I'm thinking I could use it as an extension activity during Native American History month (which I think we've already had this school year).

Since I also got a bunch of teaching materials at the workshop yesterday (they gave everyone the Language, Math, and Science teacher's guides from Crayola Works, who align all their activities/lessons with the national standards for both art AND the subject they coincide with. Yum-O, so I'm having a working weekend here. I'd better run!

:O)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Um. You are talented.

You could sell those on Etsy and make some moola. They are gorgeous! I mean, really really good! Wow!

I love the green/purple Harry Potter yarn. It's perfect for March. Can't wait to see them in socks!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See HERE

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who drew those for you? Just kidding! They are great. Rani's right. I think you could make plane ticket money on Etsy!

3:52 PM  
Blogger chicagopurl said...

Okay, let me know when you will be selling your artwork! I got DIBS! :)

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home