Friday, January 25, 2008

A Quiz!

Because I worked on this late at night, in bed, it took me two days to get through this. I do love word puzzles, but they tend to make me very sleepy, which I really didn't need any help with during this busy week. So, without further ado, here's the answer to the Gryffindor House Quiz:

"Hogwarts. Hogwarts. Hoggy warty Hogwarts. Teach us something please. Whether we be old and bald or young with scabby knees, our heads could do with filling with some interesting stuff. For now they're bare and full of air, dead flies and bits of fluff. So teach us things worth knowing. Bring back what we've forgot. Just do your best, we'll do the rest. And learn until our brains all rot."

I really love the part about "learn until our brains all rot." I think I need to read that to my class! Although, last year's class would have appreciated it much, much more! This class still proves to be very immature - even now, in January, approaching the 100th Day! I'm a little disappointed that they are still not great listeners and I continue to have behavior issues. Very frustrating! Although, the reading scores/levels this time really, really impressed me. Right now, there's only two still left at "below-grade-level" so I think I'm right on track for ZERO "BGL" by the end of the year. I can do this. If they were stellar listeners and behaved properly as well, I'd be on top of the world. Hell, I'd probably be Teacher of the Year.

And yes, I do realize that the fact I just cursed about it means I'm probably not going to BE Teacher of the Year. Shocker.

I'm putting together the first of this round of swap packages. I think I have everything set - the $$ amount is adding up (oh, who'm I kidding, I spent too much, but DANG, I'd like to get this package in the mail - that's always my guide for whether it's a good package or not!), and I'm just searching my hiding places for a cute little red vase I picked up at Pier 1. One day I'll put "get organized" on the list of things to work on for New Year's, but clearly this year it didn't make the list!

Other than fulfilling swap requirements this weekend, I'm trying my best to catch up on the third season of LOST before Thursday, so I anticipate plenty of knitting in front of the TV this weekend, and I'm tickled pink. Now, to convince The Boy that he doesn't need to try to watch 10 hours of Hannah Montana this weekend. . . wish me luck!

:O)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your house has HARD quizzes!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home