Monday, December 24, 2007

Waitin' on St. Nick

Oh, joy - the wonder of a 5-year old trying his best to wait patiently for Santa! Every 30 minutes or so, I hear "I'm so excited for Christmas!" Well, DUH! It's all good, tho. We've only visited the timeout stairs once today. Things are good.

The knitting has been good this year. After saying that I wasn't going to knit anything for Christmas, I've managed to knit a scarf for my mother - which is now wrapped and under the tree as of 10:30 this morning. Sorry! And The Boy's sweater is finished except for weaving in ends. Pictures later - wouldn't want him to see anything on the computer on accident!

I've also gotten pretty far on a hat for The boy as well. Since all my holiday knitting was for someone in the house/family, I really needed a "public" project - so I decided to do the "scarf-rescue" hat strategy suggested by the Yarn Harlot. It's really easy, and I'm loving the yarn to death - it's Berocco's Jasper in that yummy red colorway. I'm thinking Mommy NEEDS that sweater that WEBS did up for this yarn. Expensive or not, it's lovely!!!!

I'm off to put together Santa's leavings, so I'll leave you with part of a meme I'd been tagged for a while ago, but couldn't find time to post in the midst of all the holiday happenings.

Sorry if it's a bit TMI for anyone!

So, Robin tagged me for another round of the "7 Random Things" meme, and, like Jenni, I plan to give mine a Christmas theme. There are ever so many reasons why Christmas is totally and completely interesting in my family, so here goes:

1. My mother has gradually quilted personalized stockings for every member of the family. She puts toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, deodorant, and bodywash in them each year.

2. This butt-ugly creation makes its way to my family's tree each and every stinkin' year. Every year since I was in first grade, that is. My mother has a sick sense of humor. (Please Lord, let me have the good sense to burn it this year before we pack up the ornaments!) Pics soon!

3. If you google "Scrooge" you will see a picture of my ex-husband. Hence, The Boy spends every Christmas Eve Night/Christmas Morning with me.

4. Unfortunate side effect of #3? My ex-husband also spends every Christmas morning with us. Thanks, yes, I know we are a very strange family.

5. Christmas breakfast is always a sausage/egg/cheese quiche-like casserole that is fixed the night before and can go in the oven while the gift-opening commences. I love it to death. It is sometimes replaced or accompanied by a broccoli-and-cheese version.

6. In 2001 (I think), I knit every member of my immediate family a pair of socks for Christmas. I rocked. I have not been able to repeat this accomplishment, nor do I now plan to try, busy as my life is these days.

7. I find it very romanic and sexy to make love in a room lit only by Christmas tree lights.

TMI?

:O)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm down with that. =D Christmas lights are sexy! Happy Christmas Heather!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

Heee heee heee. Love it!

Christmas tree lights: Sexy

but with Mr. Scrooge!?

Merry Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

Bubblie

2:02 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Absotively NOT with Mr. Scrooge!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Are you talking about that oyster shell? Will that burn?

TMI on the lights dear sister, TMI.

Scrooge isn't that bad to hang out with on Christmas.

Did you have the quiche or eggs wrapped in sausage this year?

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I can see how having Scrooge over on Christmas morning works. I'm sure the boy really appreciates having you both there. :) Just enjoy it while it lasts. #7 isn't TMI; I happen to concur. ;)

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITA w/# 7.
from, your HCSSP, stalking your blog!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home