Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007

Well, 2007 is just about done. Not that it's been a horrible year, but I'm glad to see a new year come in. New beginnings and all.

Around here, we've been trying to send 2007 off with a bang.

Saturday night, we went to a Washington Wizards game - The Boy's Christmas present to his Pop-pop (my dad). The week before Christmas, I got an e-mail advertising $10 seats. Yup, that's right, we could touch the ceiling! But we had fun. The Boy was immensely entertained, Pop-pop had his snacks and beer brought right to him, and the Wizards won the game. I will be taking The Boy to another one soon - right now he's working on getting his own dad to take him this coming weekend, when kids tickets are $5.00 when you purchase an adult ticket to go with it. It may sound like we're being cheapskates, but when you consider that "regular" priced tickets go from $2500 to $45, deals are much-needed! Hopefully his dad will think it's a good idea, and they can get decent seats (somewhere not 200 rows above the floor for about $85.

Then, last night we had a gift-dinner. Turducken. Ever heard of it? Quite an interesting concept. My sister's been dying to try it, and she's the queen of the mail-order gourmet foods, so she sent this as a gift this holiday. Apparently, it's a chicken stuffed with a duck, and then the whole thing is stuffed inside a turkey. I think maybe it's just a chicken breast stuffed with the duck meat, cause there's only one set of bird bones. You be the judge:



Whatever the story, it was delicious. I felt very guilty eating it, but it was very, very good! Thanks a bunch!! We all loved it. The Boy wasn't too sold, but he's developing issues with meat these days - I think because they're always so well done. The only thing missing was the wine, but you can bet I'll be having some this evening with the BRANDED roast Pop-pop will be serving up!

More tomorrow on the New Year's Resolutions and knitting plans. I still have some thinking and deciding to do on both fronts!!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Wow! That Turducken looks really good! I can't wait until I can try one. Please post a picture of the BRAND. I want the deck rail and the meat please.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Uh, we ATE the meat, but I'll get the lovely deck rail. How he didn't make the connection to the rack the stinkin' thing came on, I'll never know, but since it's not my house . . . :O)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That kind of reminded me of one of those Taco Bell commercials, where you have this dish inside this dish & it's all inside another shell, LOL. That definitely looks good, though. Glad you enjoyed it!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home