Saturday, January 05, 2008

Make It Beautiful

The yoga studio I've been going to is lovely. Just finished up with a week's worth of FREE yoga. That means Sunday, Monday (skipped Tuesday, although The Boy did a Kid's Yoga class), Thursday, and Friday's classes? - All FREE. YUM!

So anyway - last night, Adria, the instructor, used this quote for reflection that was wonderful. It was a bit lengthy, so I don't remember it all, but it talked about living in the present. And not just that, but making the 'present' you live in so beautiful that you wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Lovely.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
So, this morning, I was trying to figure out how to put buttons on my blog (finally) for the swaps I've joined that are about to start, but wound up spending the morning uploading the needed pictures (plus about a zillion more) to Flickr so that I could just try to do it. I'm immensely entertained by the bouncing check-mark when a photo is uploaded, and, well, let's just say I pretty much used up my allowable 100MB of space "entertaining myself." Apparently, I can be easily amused! I cannot, however, figure out the button issue, but before the weekend's up, I'm GOING to tackle this!

So, one of the swaps I am about to undertake is The Hot Cocoa swap. Here is my questionnaire:

It's here at long last... so let's hear it for the Questionnaire!

Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug? I like the easy stuff – boil water, add mix. A BIG mug is a must!
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Either

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors? Any and all sock yarn! Merino is probably my favorite type, just because it’s soft, but really anything soft with gorgeous colors is a winner.

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)? Can crochet, but prefer to just knit.
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new? I love the Knit Picks Harmony line – I think they are so beautiful. Since I already have a set of Denise Interchangeables, I don’t really see the point of having an entire set in the options style, so I’m slowly collecting useful sizes here and there.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? Pretty much.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)? Hanging row counters for projects so I can keep track of the row I’m on, and beads – since MS3, I’m very tempted to put beads on things! Edited to add - I have been looking for an organizer for my circular needles to hang and not get that crimp in them (and keep them all in one place!)
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification). Baby hats – simple roll-brim style.

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter? Sit and read or knit with a cup of cocoa or coffee.
2. What is your favorite animal? Turtle
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'? Sometimes.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? Pamper myself – home spa treatments, pedicures, paint my nails/toes, etc.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? Spring Break (I’m a teacher).
6. What is your favorite treat? Yoga
7. What is your favorite board game? Not really a “board” game, but my family loves to play Dominoes – Mexican Train style.
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? One human son – 5 year old Zachary.
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about? Not really – I am a bit sensitive to 100% wool, especially on my feet, but most yummy sock yarns these days have me covered and are a softer wool, or have other fibers added to keep them soft.

In other knitting news, besides the Flickr upload, I also have been updating my Ravelry account - trying to keep it updated and current. Some things finally have a picture, so go take a look if you get a chance - I'm Heather219 over there, so stop by!


Oh, and if you're visiting and also have a Ravelry account, lemme know in the comments who you are so I can add you to my friends there!

Now, since I'm usually a little sad by blog posts with no pictures, I'll leave you with pics of the current state of my current projects. Man, I got a lot accomplished this morning!



This is the progress so far on the Clapotis that I'm knitting for The Boy's teacher. I've called it the Earth Mother Clapotis due to the colors, and the woman that it's being knit for - great ways to describe both!

Square Cake in the large version, knit with the Nashua Handknits Ivy gifted to me by a Secret Pal - thanks, Pal, cause it's gorgeous!!!

The front of my Tilted Duster - what I've been working on lately.


The top back part of the Tilted Duster.


:O)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susie H said...

Hi, I've been reading along, and always love to see your knits. I'm on Ravelry as well - Susieknits :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Marigold said...

Good morning! i'm visiting your blog from the hotcocoa swap...I'm on ravelry as marigo. I really like your clapotis, pretty colors!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Can't wait to see how Tilted Duster comes along! I'll tell ya, I never figured out how to put a button on a Blogger blog, so you're way ahead of me in that you ultimately figured it out!

LOL at "one human son" on the questionnaire...

10:55 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I am pisellogirl, but I just added you as a friend, so you will know that anyway!

12:30 PM  
Blogger chicagopurl said...

Hi, it's nice to meet you! I'm finally leaving a comment on your blog. I'm new to the blog family and I've been making friends. BTW, I like your shoes - you can wear them casually with your yoga pants also:)! I just signed up with ravelry so I have to learn how to add myself to that too. I added you to my blog roll call. take care and enjoy your class!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home