Saturday, November 17, 2007

Finally - Photos!

Before we go any further, I am very pleased to announce that my sister now not only knits (!!!!) but has a blog! Please stop by her blog and say "HI." She's named it "Learning to Walk in Stilettos." Cool, huh?

I did get around to cleaning up my desk, which means I also installed the new camera on my computer. Yay! This all means I have photos I've been meaning to share!

First, and most embarassingly, here's my Tree. This is the most awful picture of the wearer (I look like I'm trying to make my boobs stick out more which is COMPLETELY unnecessary - sorry). It is, however, a pretty good picture of the sweater. You can just see a bit of the sleeves. I will try to get a better picture today, since it's cold as heck out right now, and I have to take the boy to an indoor skating rink for the zillionth birthday party of the Fall season!!!

Next are some pictures from Stitches, where I first started using this camera:

We have the bag of rainbow yarn that I want to make a cardigan out of. Pretty, huh? Wouldn't you think this would knit up at a bulky weight? Nope? It's apparently very lofty, and uses a size 6 for a very lovely fabric. I can't wait to use it!

Then there was the class I took during Stitches - Spinning for Knitters. Merike Saarnit taught the class. Here she is teaching us how to ply the wool we'd just spun into a "single."



And here's my very first yarn.
The spinning has gotten a bit better since this attempt, although I do plan to use this first yarn in some sort of creative way. I might just put it all in a big, funky scarf that if I don't particularly like, I can felt! Who knows. I am enjoying spinning, but I'm still nervous that I'm wasting my time, and that the yarn I produce will make an outstandingly fugly garment! EEK!

And lastly, I'd like to share THE RIDE OF DOOM with you.


What, you say? That looks like an innocent ride for kids at a corn maze? Well, yes, that's what they'd like you to believe. Lemme tell you, that thing shook me from tip to toe! I thought it was going to tip over or throw me out. Felt like a bucking bronco. Scariest ride of my life, and my son was in the car right in front of me. I kept thinking - "If we tip over, how can I make sure he's okay???" And, just so you know, I wasn't being too terribly paranoid, apparently. On the ride right after ours? It tipped, and some poor pre-teen was almost dragged to her death! NEVER get on a ride that looks this innocent!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Happily Knit said...

Hooray for a finished Tree Jacket! It's great to see it on--good job! Now if I could only get that far on mine... :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Heather, I'm wondering if this was scarier than the "Scooby Doo Rollercoaster". : )

Your sweater looks nice. Your boobs look big!

2:14 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

OMG That cow ride LOOKS scary!! I've with ya on that one. But did The Boy enjoy?

The tree sweater is gorgeous! (and the pic is not too bad either - I giggled at your comment).

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home