Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Weather Outside


. . . makes me glad I'm inside for the day!

We are having a "weather event" here - according to the media, and what you see is a good foot of snow on top of our four (yes, four - there's a Subaru Outback behind the tan Camry if you can believe it - but it's had the snow cleared off of it!) vehicles. See how the wiper blades barely stick up out of the snow on the Camry?? I do believe those are 17 inch blades. Just sayin'.

Soooo, what have I been up to today? A little Facebook, a little knitting (while LOST plays in the background - gotta get ready for season 6!), a little spinning, and a lot of hot liquids. My first graders gave me a cold, so I'm mad at them. Good thing I don't have a hot date this weekend. Heh.

I've finished the Christmas knitting - cranked out another "Boyfriend" hat for my uncle, and I declare myself officially done. Back to knitting for myself. I really, really want to knit something comfy for myself for around the house. It's clear that knitting to wear to work is futile - the boilers in our building are monsters. I've been wearing my Fall shirts since August!

So now, I want to knit comfy and warm stuff for me to hang out here, since hanging out here (or somewhere that I can dress equally as comfy) is what I seem to do. I've got two sweaters started, but my knitting mojo for sweaters has just left me - something always gets in the way of me finishing and wearing these lovely patterns.

Maybe the snow will send me good vibes, but for now, I'll just keep knitting Saroyan, spinning away like mad, and planning all the comfy "home" sweaters I want to knit.

By the way - did you hear about the plan that Pluckyfluff has for an art show? If you're a spinner and ever thought that your craft was more of an artform, you need to check this out! Then, start spinning and join in. I plan to spin a skein for the project, and I think you should too. If you don't know how to spin, then you should learn. It's fun, and just about as addicting as knitting.

But don't let that deter you. You CAN have more than one legal addiction in life and still be fine.

At least that's what my therapist tells me. She works at a yarn shop. Think I should trust her?

:O)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

We've been hearing about the snow storm on the news and we're green with jealousy!! We LOVE snow! We have a few inches on the ground and had a few more last night, but until I can't see over the snowbanks, it's just not enough.

Enjoy your 'snow day' with your knitting and spinning and darling boy!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ah, Rani - we could send you half of what we got and still have more than we're used to around here. All told - about 18-20 inches. Everyone here's having a heart attack, schools are closing right and left, public transportation's stopped running, and everything. It's sad, very sad. And the darling boy is at his dad's too busy playing in the snow to talk to his poor old mom!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home