Friday, November 27, 2009

?Got Milk?

Here's hoping everyone had a perfectly lovely Thanksgiving Day!

I had fun PREPARING for Thanksgiving. (The Boy went with his dad for the actual holiday, but we spent the day together on Wednesday!) Here's the pies we made (one for here, one for him to take to his other grandparents' - well, actually to his Pop-pop Harold!).



Here's my helper with the pies. Such a ham.


And here's how I enjoyed my pie yesterday after eating my meal:


PSA #1 for this blog - get your Vitamin D levels checked. More on that later!

And here's the haul from the Black Friday sale at a LYS. I'll try to go clockwise. Hopefully, you'll recognize the pretties just by name . . .



Jitterbug sock yarn in a mint green and brown colorway that I've been eyeing for a while (20% sale = cha-ching!), Some Classic Elite Yarns "Princess" in a beautiful teal colorway for another "Frances Revisited" - love the first one, but it's a bit itchy, so I want a more wearable one, two more skeins of jitterbug in coordinating colorways that I just had to get for a giftie for someone very special . . . , some lovely burgundy, Louisa Harding "Grace", a lovely skein of Ella Rae "Lace Merino" for a giftie, and a lil' sweater's worth of red Silky Wool for myself. I am now officially a collector of Silky Wool. I have about 4 colorways in my stash (red, forest green, purple, and a teal/blue), so I NEED to get knitting! I'm wondering if I can do the Akomeogi Tunic with it - I may have to change the sleeves and make it more sweater length than tunic, but I'm thinking I'll like the fabric the yarn makes for that . . . maybe over the Winter break from school/work.

:O)

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love pecan pie. We have it every Thanksgiving because I'm one of those weird people who doesn't like pumpkin pie.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home