Saturday, August 29, 2009

2nd Package

It's been a whirlwind week, what with actual students showing up in my classroom this week and all . . . but I didn't want to let even one more hour go by without thanking my Secret Pal for a lovely and awesome 2nd package!!


I should have taken a picture on Thursday night as my family played the Harry Potter trivia game (achem *Iwon* achem). That was a really great surprise! Thank you so much!

The rest of the package was equally delightful! There are two skeins of fingering weight yarn ready for me to dye, (I think they'll be headed for the indigo pot my friend Gregory is setting up at her farm next month), a most gorgeous and huge braid of spinning fiber in lovely plum shades (I'm thinking it may be BFL???), and the cutest sock shaped needle gauge. I'd secretly been coveting the needle gauge! Must be that's why she's my "secret" pal!!

Once again, thank you so, so, so much! I loved absolutely everything!

Today, I'm off to knitting group in Bowie, to work on the sleeves for my Poppy sweater I'm knitting (another KAL with my sister - she's ahead of me, finishing her second sleeve as I type!). Here's a progress pic, taken as I was finishing the tube of the body. Since then, I've attached the back and two fronts to what you see here - in Noro "Chirimen" which should make it bearable to wear this with the required cami underneath, since all Noro, no matter how beautiful, is just too scratchy to go next to my skin! This is a fun knit, and I highly recommend it to everyone who likes a bit of creativity in their knitting, but may not want to brave changing a pattern around to accomplish that! Check it out! Sorry for the sideways pic - forgot to edit!


:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the package!! I'll find out the fibre content for you on the roving. Didn't even occur to me when I removed the tag.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

WHOA! I just ran over to Ravelry to check out that pattern. It is really unique and pretty! I absolutely love it! (i hate noro)

I think I'm gonna put this baby in my queue. . . I must first make amends with (shudder) Noro.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Two Cables and a Frapp said...

I too like the pattern. Nice package from your pal there !

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home