Sunday, September 06, 2009

Quick Holiday Weekend Update

Just a quick update to show progress. I have been knitting - when I'm able - on my Poppy sweater. I'm approaching the finish line, too! Just one more sleeve to go!



School has me almost completely distracted - jobs take up so much valuable knitting time! My class this year is interesting. I see them shaping up nicely. Notice, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude!!! LOL. More on that later!

The other thing that has me distracted is the "Twilight" series. I keep going back to the books. They are a guilty pleasure. There's no reason a grown woman should enjoy a book about teenagers and vampires this much. But I do. Just finished "Eclipse" and got myself put on the list at the library for both regular and audio versions of "Breaking Dawn." Oy. Let's hope it's the audio version so I can get some knitting done!

Other than that, between constructing new Alien Police sets of Leggos, The Boy is trying to get me waterloged by spending every waking minute at the pool. Ah. The end of Summer. What a nostalgic time.

And that's it for the quick update - off to buy more Leggos and look for dress shoes for The Boy. . . and maybe his mommy!

:O)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

The sweater is so cool! I love the look of that pattern. Still. . . noro . . . Maybe if I spin enough . . . well enough . . . Wouldn't that be a great way to show of some homespun?

Have fun at the pool!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger M.E. Greene said...

Found you from a comment on another blog. Just thought I'd swing by and share some bloggy love! I, too, was sucked into the Twilight series (by accident, I swear), and I actually read them all in a week! It was so addictive, in an embarrassing sort of way. Don't you just hate it when life interferes with your knitting? Seriously!

Marie Greene,
from Permission to Unwind
http://permissiontounwind.blogspot.com

8:37 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I have been reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series... whatever distracts you. LOL. Not everything has to be educational!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Wow, it's really come along and looks better each time. Nice !!!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home