Thursday, August 06, 2009

Thanks, Pal!


Yesterday, I received a package from my secret pal!

She sent: a beautiful skein of Berroco Comfort Sock. Who knew? This stuff feels wonderful and would be great next to my skin, since it's nylon and acrylic, but I'm thinking that with 447 yards, it's not going to become a pair of socks, but a scarf/shawlette! We shall see. Maybe I'll get a wild sock hair. Haven't been knitting them much, but I really do love wearing them . . .

Also included were some "Pattern Tamers" in case I DO choose to make a shawlette - then I'll have no problem tracking down my place in the pattern, since they're gorgeous magnetic strips - very handy!

And last, but not least - a gorgeous book called "Knitting Memories" filled with reflections by well-known knitters like Teva Durham, Lily Chin, and Lela Nargi.

Now I'm really wondering who this wonderful pal is. Such a wonderful package, full of things I really love, but wouldn't necessarily buy for myself. Exactly the point.

Thanks again, Pal!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the package!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Kick arse! There is nothing better than getting yarn in the mail except other yarny accessories.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Very nice package! I must think about picking that book up for my pal!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home