Monday, June 29, 2009

O.M.G!

Wow. Summer. Busy. Super busy. Wow.

Summer vacation started one week and one day ago. I think I've lived 4 lifetimes since then. I'm going to borrow a trick from my bloggy pal Adrienne and give short updates.

~I have done very little actual knitting. Not nearly as much as I wanted.

~My wheel came back from being turned into a double treadle. The flier was missing. I still cannot spin. Dang.

~The Boy is on the local swim team this year. He keeps getting DQ'd by some crazy judges who need to get a life. Yes, I'm bitter. That's my baby!

~I want/need to buy a new car this Summer, but I don't want a new car payment. Heh.

~My 20th HS reunion is next month. Dang. Really?

~I am addicted to this swap group on Ravelry. My favorite is the "Yarn for Fiber" board. Yum!

~Took a dyeing class with Karida from Neighborhood Fiber last weekend. Made some yummy yarn. Two sock colorways, and one larger batch that will be for a shawl.

~The shawl quantity is being knit up into a prayer shawl for a co-worker. That's going to be more praying than I've done in about 4-5 years!

~My sister has introduced us to Geocaching. Similar to Letterboxing (which we tried last Summer, briefly). We are WAAAAAYYYY to into it!

~I have way more planned for the summer than we will be able to get to.

~I just want to knit, knit, knit, and spin, spin, spin!

That's all for now. I'll give pics of the yarn I dyed in that class later, promise!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous robin said...

I like the short bullet point updates! So when they convert the wheel to a double treadle, does that mean you use both feet to operate it? Sorry, I am dumb about spinning. Also, my 20th HS reunion will be next year. It hasn't been planned yet (to my knowledge) but now that I'm on Facebook I'm sure I'll hear about it. Did you go to the 10 year? I didn't, but I think I'll go to the 20.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

You do sound busy! But happily busy.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hi, I haven't been reading blogs lately (go figure) so happy to come by and see all the wonderful fun stuff going on in your world! I know what you mean about the smell of the fleece. yummy. better the way the lanolin leaves my hands so soft. *sigh* why is life so distracting from the stuff I want to do? Of course, if it were a life necessity, it would probably be as much fun as cleaning the comode...

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home