Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nope . . .

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Or been tied up by a mad pack of 1st graders. This year's bunch wouldn't even think of trying it (last year's crew, maybe). I have, however, been very very busy. Doing what?

Well, other than the 12-hour-a-day (minimum) teaching job, how about a little of this:


Some of this:


And this:


Spent some time with this cute guy:


And did a WHOLE LOT of this:
Gift yarn I'm quite proud of.

Super-soft merino yarn from some really great pencil roving. I'm using my new spindle from Canada for this, and it's working out like a charm! I love how thin I can get this!!

Other than that, I've been on full-time mommy detail (man, I never realized how much I love having built-in kid helpers!) since The Boy's grandparents deserted him for a visit to see their firstborn daughter (in Germany). We've managed quite well, however, and it makes me wish, for about the zillionth time that teachers were paid a salary that would actually allow me to live in a safe area on my own. Maybe one day . . .

This weekend is supposed to be quite rainy, so I'm hoping to finish up the Cherie Amour (once I work my way through the neckline shaping that isn't spelled out letter for letter - argh! I am so not adept enough to translate a graph to actual knitting without words to help me!) and the gift yarn spinning. That will free up a ton of "hafta" do projects that I feel are pressing on me, and allow me to start about 5 more, right???

I am looking forward to it!

:O)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The knitting and spinning look great! Have you tried any of the Alpaca/silk I sent last month?

Can't wait to see what you accomplished over the rainy weekend!

Your SP12 Secret Pal

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a Secret Pal to send me fun stuff in the mail....especially a cool on that sends SILK! PICTURES, PICTURES.

That one hank looks like Ravenclaw colors. Did I mention that I'm in Ravenclaw this term?

Hmmm?

9:07 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Glad you're back - and yeah, it sucks that teachers aren't paid accordingly for such a "trivial" thing like oh, educating the next generation (sarcasm.) That is a very cute picture of The Boy too - he is growing up by the second! Can't wait to see Cherie Amour - that one was definitely a "figure it out as you go". I totally made up my own directions for the sleeves - just picked them up around the armhole and knit them down to where I wanted 'em - done.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Cool yarn... and so much of it! You've been a very busy knitter!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home