Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Apparently . . .

You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

I learned to Andean ply my singles yarns into a double plied yarn! Wahoo! I'm loving it, and turning a lovely pencil roving with GREAT watery-type colors into a two-ply yarn for a giftie. It's classified Super-Secret, though, so no more disclosures!

Here's me (well, my hand) as I plied some coopworth that I picked up in Saint John, NB (that's Canada, in case you're wondering!):

And here's some shots of the watery pencil roving:


It's named "Shala" and I can only think that it's a hint back to the Carribbean/islands, cause that's what it makes me think of. How about you? It's GORGEOUS either way, though! By the way, DON'T click on that link until you've hidden your wallet - they're having a sale!!!! OMG!!! Must. Have. Self. Control. GAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

I'm loving my new skill, and plan to spin a nice, full spindle each night, to be plied up the next night. Should get this present knocked out quickly, and plying is a great thing to do while watching the olympics, since you're doing a lot of waiting for the twist to settle!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Wow! What pretty yarn! And you did it all by yourself (my daughters words).

I can't WAIT to see your trip photos! You're right - sitting on the balcony, knitting and watching the ocean go by as little one sleeps sounds like absolute heaven. Too bad it didn't work out like that. I didn't get much done in Iceland either. Too much to see.

Hooray for late night Olympic knit time!!!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OOOh, Nice handspun!! Glad you had a nice vacation. Enjoy the last bits of summer :)

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a Ravenclaw color to me....hmmm, I'm not in Ravenclaw.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home