Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fire! Fire! Fire!

As much as I hate to create a new post and remove the picture of the lovely Jason Taylor from the top of my blog, I need to update!

I'm back from vacation and have finished objects and pictures to share, so remove I must. Maybe later, I'll put that lovely picture on the sidebar, just so no one (like me) suffers from withdrawals! Hee!

So, the first picture/post I want to share is the picture of my "Fire" socks that I started waaaaaaay back at the beginning of Project Spectrum and A Year in Socks. I closed the toe on them in Penn Station (New York) yesterday morning, while waiting for the train back home. The kitchener stitch isn't perfect because of this, but hey - they're going on my own feet, not out as a gift, so who cares?

Here they are:


I think the Yarn Harlot talked about this colorway (Newspaper, from Spritely Goods - link is for roving, the sock yarn is long gone) on her blog , which led to my buying it, and I absolutely LOVE the colors in it! I want to sneek back over to the website and buy some of the roving now, to make my own yarn from these colors. . . maybe one day!

I didn't do too, too much knitting on the trip - we were very entertained by the cruise ship, and had lots of fun. I got to knit at night while The Boy was sleeping, but not in the mornings, and not on the balcony like I'd hoped. Who'd of thunk that there would be biting flies (that look just like houseflies, by the way!) out in the middle of the ocean? At least on the first leg of our trip, and then it was too cold and windy to sit out there comfortably, so I just didn't. Hrmph!

I'll post progress pics of the rest of my knitting later, but wanted to get this posted, say "Hi, I'm back!", enter this picture for the Project Spectrum and Ravelympics, and get to uploading the tons of pictures from the trip.

Later!
:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't you making those as two socks at once with a different yarn for the other sock? It looks like what I remember.

Glad you had a good time on your trip, can't wait to see pictures.

Bye Bye Jason Taylor.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Right you are, sis. I have one pink/black/white sock to finish this crazy project up - see Ravelry for the whole project!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

oh, your socks came out great :)
I'd love to include them in my gallery, if you'd like to share em!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home