Friday, July 25, 2008

Belated "Thank You!"

I am a very bad blogger/Secret Pal! I neglected to give a bit THANKS to my SP12 partner, who sent along this great pattern book last week!


It is full of lovely, classic knits. I'm seriously considering two.

1. This great, cabled cowl. Lovely. I can see this being my Winter sweater this year - I'll probably try to use some KP yarn from my stash for this - have to check that gauge!!

2. This off the shoulder T. I will wear it like the model in this picture, though, since I'm not really an off-the-shoulder kinda gal!

I'll have to really consider the other patterns. Maybe once the cold weather hits, I'll be more in the mood to look at things like jackets with gorgeous cables. Right now, it makes me break out in a sweat!!

Right now, I'm plugging along on my current WIPs - the Berrocco cardigan, and some spinning, and I'm to the point in Tulip where I really, really have to make sure I understand the directions, cause there's multiple things going on at one time. My brain doesn't work like that in the Summertime!











Hope everyone is keeping cool!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - the cabled cowl is one I've been wanting to make too - I've seen it knitted up and it's lovely! Wow - we seem to have similar taste!

Glad you like the pattern book!

Your SP12 Secret Pal

4:36 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

Just lounging around eating cold cucumbers!

Cool book. I still don't know just what a 'cowl' is, but I like the looks of that one.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Rani

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Secret Pal? HOW do I keep missing these? I'm going to search Secret Pal 13 now.

It's hot here today. Although inside I need mittens. Scott keeps it SO COLD~

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home