Friday, June 13, 2008

SO Proud!

Last night, The Boy "moved up." In Montessori school, that means graduate. He's moving from his Primary classroom (where he's been for the past three years) to Lower Elementary next year, so they have a special ceremony for the kids. It was wonderful!! I realized, too late, that I'd forgotten to bring tissues. I didn't think I was going to be emotional about it all, but dang if I didn't well up SEVERAL times! Just when I thought I had it under control, one of the teachers got me again. It wasn't even Zac's teacher, but another Primary "directress" as they're called there, who was a bit emotional since this was to be her last year in the classroom (for a while). Next year, she's gonna be running the show, filling in for the "headmistress" since she's decided to take an early retirement to save her health. Overall, it was a very emotional night!

The school moved to a bigger campus this year - with seven buildings in all (I think). They have named each of the buildings after a continent, which I think is amazingly cool. The Primary students are in "South America" and when they move, up, they go to "Africa." Hence, everyone was asked to dress in African gear. Regardless of race. Pretty cool.

Here's what turned out to be the only shot of my parents in their stuff:
Oh, and a sneak peek of the ex - he shows up when he's needed very nicely.

Here's the boy shaking his teacher's hand - unfortunately she was also fussing at someone behind her! Look how serious he is!

And a much better picture of the two, taken by the ex:

Here's all his buddies that moved up with him. Very cute kids.

Here's The Boy with his very proud momma:



Even his "diploma" has an African theme!

One little side note for some knitting content? I bought Plymouth brand Alpaca yesterday at the wonderful Cloverhill Yarn Shop (the new owner is lovely). Enough for a new Pi Shawl. I am very excited to start this, as it will be my vacation/summer/lace knitting, but can't find my Knitter's Almanac ANYWHERE!!! I may have to break down and get a new one, but I know it's stashed in a bag somewhere, probably with the first, and still unfinished, Pi Shawl (I didn't like the yarn). I'm forcing myself to finish Juliet first, so this next week, I plan on knitting on that like mad. I also have that tank top that will give me some stockinette relief if I need it, but my goal is to cast on for the Pi during the week or at the latest over NEXT weekend. If you don't hear from me, you can assume my fingers are cramped up from knitting so much!

Enjoy!
:O)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

What a cool ceremony! I love the outfits!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Agatha Ackerly said...

My son has attended a Montessori school here in Erie, PA for going on 8 years now...from pre-school up to what will be 7th grade this year! I love the Montessori method. Where does your son attend this really cool school with the continent theme? I'd love to know more about it!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Congrats!! I love the theme and the outfits. The picture of you and the Boy is very cute.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son! Wahoo! You and The Boy look great!

Your SP12 Secret Pal

4:04 AM  
Blogger chicagopurl said...

Love the pics! Especially the one with you and the boy LOL! VEry proud mama!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home