Monday, June 02, 2008

Secret Pal 12

I decided to go ahead with the Secret Pal swap again. They're up to 12! I think my first one was 8, and I did it for 2 rounds, but skipped one or two. I got sidetracked by the lure of things with a Harry Potter theme, and wound up knitting FOR other people. Not that I don't like that sort of thing, but I'm being a bit greedy with my knitting time, so I am opting for this swap where no knitting is necessary (although it's not off-limits, either!)

Here's the obligatory questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love SOFT fibers and wool blends usually – I am really intrigued by the sheen in wool/tencel blends, and/or bamboo blends

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have several cases for my needles and supplies, and was given a hanging circular organizer, so now I’m SET!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I picked knitting back up about 8 years ago, after being taught as a teen by my mother. I consider myself intermediate/advanced in that it takes me a lot to try new techniques, although I do love lace knitting, and have done some fair isle work as well.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I think I started an Amazon list before, but haven’t/don’t keep up with it.

5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Definitely have a sweet tooth, but try to keep my bad habits (chocolate) to junior mints or tootsie rolls, and I LOVE Skittles.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Knitting is pretty much it. I do have a spindle and have tried spinning, but although it intrigues me, I don’t find it as satisfying, somehow, as knitting.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am a jazz person, if I’m not listening to my yoga music to relax. My computer does play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Favorites = reds, blues, greens. Can’t stand/never use yellows if they wind up in my stash.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My son and I are currently living with my parents. I’m hoping to win the lottery so that I don’t wind up in the “ghetto” on my teacher’s salary. Otherwise, we’re here until the urge to turn into Lizzie Borden can no longer be ignored. Then we gotta go! ;O)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes to all of the above. Not so much mittens, but if it’s cold, it’s cold!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I’m on a sweater kick right now, but I’m a pretty fanatical sock knitter (or maybe I’m just a sock yarn collector?).

13. What are you knitting right now? A cardigan (my 2nd “Juliet”), a baby blanket for my cousin, a Lizard Ridge afghan for my son to take to his dad’s, and about 5 different pair of socks. Oh, and a cabled shawl from a Vogue Knitting book.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular wooden needles are my norm, but I do love addi’s for socks (lately on two circulars).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? OLD. – I’m talking years. It’s a Pi Shawl that I’m seriously considering frogging to recycle the yarn.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? Turtles, and sock yarn!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I want the Ring of Lace Wrap to use up some hand-dyed laceweight this Summer. I’d also like some of the Classic Elite booklets as I always love their designs, but never really focus much on booklets at my LYS – too distracted by yarn fumes, I guess. I have subscriptions to Interweave Knitting and Vogue International.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? How to knit faster so I get to knit all the lovely things I want!!! Yeah right.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Definitely a sock knitter. I’m a size 9 – pretty wide foot, but “normal” ankles/legs.

23. When is your birthday? May 6

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? I’m Heather219 on Ravelry. LOVE. Them.

That's all for now.

Oh, did I mention I joined yet another group in Ravelry? I'm now in the Seasons of Lace group, and trying to find the right yarn (hopefully in my stash) for a Pi shawl for REAL this time! I don't want laceweight, but don't want anything as heavy as DK, which is what I think the problem was with the first try. I need to not be so wimpy about knitting with thread!

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

You are a very generous person! I am half way through my Clapotis and I can't imagine giving one away!

I'm off to check out your stuff on Ravelry!!

Bubblie

7:55 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

LOL on the Lizzie Borden comment!! You are too funny.

I'm afraid of knitting with thread too. And I hear what you're saying on other crafts not being as satisfying as knitting - I love the end result of sewing, but it's just not relaxing.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are supposed to keep me informed about these swaps you know!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home