Sunday, February 17, 2008

Interweave Thoughts

I finally got the Spring, 2008 issue of Interweave Knits. I quickly fell in love with many patterns, LOVED the articles in store (I always drool over the pictures first, then go back and read the articles while riding metro, waiting in DR's offices, etc).

So, I thought I'd share my thoughts with anyone who cares:

1) Since I have the task of finishing my Tilted Duster at hand (in fact, my dear auntie is in the other room taking pity on me by sewing in the arms - at least I seamed up the sleeves is all I'm sayin'!), I actually did stop to read the Veronik Avery article on finishing. It was informative, but I thought a bit open-ended. I guess that's like all of knitting. There is no 100% correct way, but many different, situational correct ways to do things!

2) Flutter Sleeve cardigan is very interesting, but the pattern maybe a bit fiddly. Looks like it might be a nice one to use my Silky Tweed for. . .

3) Auburn Camp Shirt. This is definitely going into my queue! I'm having a hard time with the fact that it's knit in such a fine yarn, but I definitely do like the drape it gives. . . . hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

4) I like both the Frock Cami and the Banded Peasant Blouse, but don't think either would be a good match with my figure/frame.

5) Slyph Cardigan is very, very cute, and most likely will be knit by me. It's going into my queue as well, and is another possibility for the Silky Tweed. I would have to do some adjusting for making that ruffle fall in the correct place, and not right across my gut, which is my biggest problem area.

??Maybe I just need a reason to use the Silky Tweed?? I might have to give in and oblige this need, particularly after I saw Lolly knitting with some this afternoon at the Namaste Knitters meetup at Inspired Yoga. More on that later, I'm off to finish that Tilted Duster so I can cast on for All Aboard. Again, I'll explain later!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Can't wait to see the Tilted Duster! I agree on the finishing article, but also agree that it is kind of a situationally appropriate thing - kind of like picking up stitches. I sort of hate things like that - I like there to be a defined way or process of doing things, but I guess we have to live with it (or make our own "process".)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home