Sunday, February 10, 2008

There's Been Progress!

Try as I might to be a good mommy this weekend, The Boy wants to be a lump and alternate between sitting in front of the tv, playing with his toys, or going outside. In the plight of a divorced mother who is always on her own in public with her very, very, very busy soon-to-be 6 year old son, I caved and let him be a lump. We were going to go to the Baltimore Museum of Art for their African American History Family Day. No dice. So, instead, I have had time to get ready for my VP to observe a Math lesson tomorrow afternoon, and knit up a storm. In fact, I stopped because I was getting that tingling sensation in my fingers that means I've been knitting too long!

I took the opportunity to take some progress pictures. Maybe I'll even have time to put them on Flickr in order to update Ravelry properly. I keep going in and moving the "progress" bar, but no updated pictures is kinda boring. I love when I look up patterns and I can see other people's progress as they've been knitting as well. In the meantime, looky:

I've gotten about halfway through the collar on my Tilted Duster. I am changing the neck just a bit by having only one button in the center, just at the bust, and making the collar a bit more substantial by picking up all the way around - about 152-4 stitches instead of the 130 they suggested for the one that comes up on the neck. In the yarn I chose, I knew it would drive me crazy to feel that directly on my skin, particularly my neck!! So we shall see. Hopefully I haven't been knitting in vain, but I would gladly reknit the neckline in order to make this sweater wearable - it's turned out so well so far, I think!



I've also been knitting on my two-at-a-time February/Project Spectrum socks. One is pink, the other red, both have black. I love them equally. I was thinking I wouldn't like the pink as much, since I'm not really a "pink" sort of girl, but the pink is barely noticeable and the yarn is super-soft. This of course, endears it to me to the point where I can overlook the bit of pink as I knit. As for the red, the yarn is smoother and firmer, is showing the stitches more clearly, and, well, I LOVE the colors. Red is my absolute fav, and I'm drawn to it over and over, so these socks are definitely going to be mine! Here they both are, up to the heel flap, which I'm in the middle of knitting now:

Also, on and off, I'm working on the Coco Bag for my Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap pal. She's a Gryffindor, like me. I hope she likes it! I plan to try to felt my only other bag at the same time as this one, so I'm really anxious to get this done, but other things get in the way!

There's also been work on what used to be known as Sooper Seekrit, but got sidetracked. Good thing it will be cold where my sister is for quite some time still!

There's more knitterly stuff going on in my head right now, but I'll save that for later and go keep up with Ravelry like a good knitter.

TA!
:O)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by that sock thing! I have been knitting on one sock FOREVER and haven't even made it that far. You are almost done with TWO! NO FAIR.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

The Tilted Duster is looking great! Can't wait to see you model it!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love red, too...I can't believe I haven't knit myself a pair of red socks yet!

And thanks for the heel flap calculation advice; deep down, I know it, but it's always so much easier to have someone else TELL you what to do, lol.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

You have been kicking butt on your knitting! The sweater is going to be wonderful.

As for 6 yr old - don't sweat it! A little down-time never hurt anyone.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Quinn said...

Hi Heather! I found your blog during Quidditch yesterday and HAD to come back. I've been trying to make Little Slip of a thing but Coco Bag is the same design minus the part that's been giving me fits. Thanks for sharing it!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home