Thursday, February 21, 2008

Squee!

I am finally finished my Tilted Duster:

It really grew after washing and blocking, which was just as I expected and hoped! It got a LOT longer and just enough bigger around that it fits comfortably across my chest, with that "almost closed" look to the skirt.

This knit was a pleasure - I liked how the ribbing and increases worked together to make the triangle at the hips. Good for curvy types like me. I also learned a great deal about seaming and setting in sleeves. The seaming for the sleeves I can handle, but I hope that I don't have to set in a sleeve again anytime in the near future. I wimped out and begged my auntie to do it for me. I had had enough by the time I finished seaming up the sleeves. Which, by the way, I did perfectly!

Also, since I changed the neckline, I couldn't use a button (I tried a big, funky, 70's looking leather button, but it completely weirded out on me when I tried to button it). I used a clasp instead, which was the one The boy voted for initially. What good taste he has!

I can't wait to wear it, and as long as the snow/ice we are getting tonight/tomorrow doesn't prevent my plans, I am wearing it to work tomorrow with jeans. It is Friday, after all!

I did do a pre-blocking photo session with it, but MAN I look really W-I-D-E in the photos, so I'll have to wait for a better photographer. My mother sucks at that, apparently! Maybe this weekend The Boy can take some. Is it sad that my 6 (!) year old takes better pictures than my mother?

I have lots more in the works as far as knitting goes right now. See my Ravelry page to check up. I'm Heather219 there. One day, I gotta figure out how to put progress bars here on my sidebar. And subscribe to bloglines. One day. Right now, I'm off to give in to some Elann.com sales!

:O)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! I love that color. Glad it came out as good as you hoped.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Looks like it turned out great! I can't wait to see it on!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Santa Barbara Drywall Contractors said...

Good reading thiss post

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home