Monday, February 18, 2008

I Got You, Babe

6 years ago today, we were introduced. Since that time, you have constantly amazed me, frequently inspired me, seriously baffled me, and made me smile, cry, and laugh. Sometimes, all at the same time!! You make me want to be the best person I can be, to make you proud.

You are my son, and I love you. I think you are the best boy on the planet. I think I am very lucky to have you for my son. I think you are the best thing EVER to happen to my life.

This past year you have exceeded my expectations for you. You have learned and grown so very much that you're like a whole new person! You played on your first sports team. You learned to swim. You really worked on your reading, and now know how to read - very well. You count like a champion. You are doing so well in school that Ms. Atim, Daddy and I are all amazed at the wonderful turnaround you have made. We are so glad you finally "got it" and are able to focus and do well.

I wonder what this new year will bring for you. I hope it is safe and happy, and that you get to accomplish many new things that excite, inspire and motivate you to continue to be the best you that you can!

So, my son, please. Enjoy those presents, but understand that you are a gift to me each and every day, and I will always cherish you above any other person alive!

Love,
Your Mommy

P.S. No, Mommy's not at all upset that you chose to go to yoga class instead of out to dinner with her for your birthday. Not at all. . . .

:O)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The boy loves his yoga, lol. What a sweet post!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home