Saturday, February 16, 2008



Sorry, sis, but you gotta be a teacher at Marlton Elementary to understand why the heck I can do this so quickly. I may have to issue a challenge to the rest of the staff to see who can do it the fastest.

Every morning, the school sings a patriotic song and does the "school chant" together to build community and patriotism. There's this song (written by Ray Charles, if you can believe it) called "Fifty Nifty United States" the states are sung, in alphabetical order TWICE in the song, and, well, we all know it. The stinkin' song gets stuck in your head! It's in there now. I bet it stays all weekend.

Thanks.

:O)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I think Jason left some spam you may want to delete! LOL

3 minutes and some change. That's pretty impressive. I'm going to have to learn that song. I'm too ashamed to put up the State Capitals! I could only name 24 the first time around! YIKES. Thank God I don't have kids.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh yeah, and typing them in that fast even more impressive, especially since spelling counts! LOL

12:03 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

My Eldest learned 50 nifty in 1st grade for the talent show (the whole class did) and then taught it to his brother who now, is probably the only kindergartener to know his states! What a brilliant song!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home