Monday, April 09, 2007

Sasha progress

Whew - I almost titled this post - "Not Smart Enough." As in, I'm NOT smart enough to knit this stinkin' skirt!!! Last weekend I entertained Courtney by swearing like a sailor while I finished kntting in the hem on this skirt. I think my knitting skills were expanded by about 50% with that! I have no idea what I did, but somehow I did it, and now I'm working on the body of the skirt. See?


But, getting there? That was such a struggle. I tried it, cursed, undid my try. Tried it again. Looked at the diagram. Cursed. Undid that try. Put the knitting down. Looked at the diagram. Tried it again. Cursed LOUDER, undid my try. Then, I finally got it! I made the knitting look like the knitting in the picture, juggled the bazillion needles (I'm not kidding - look at the pictures!) , and s-l-o-w-l-y knit the hem! It was amazing.

First, I had to get the knitting right:

Then, I had to organize the needles,


Then knit through the first stitch on each needle (I know, funky):


And knit those two stitches together!


Whew. Now, repeat that 205 times! OMG. I am so much smarter now that I finished this!

It was a struggle, but I'm done and I'm knitting like a feind to get the underskirt knit now so that I can begin the lace panels. I can't wait until this skirt is finished, although since I need to be at my good "fighting weight" to fit into it, I guess I'll have to be patient!

:O)

1 Comments:

Blogger lesley said...

i just love a knit under hem now that you've mastered this you'll never sew one under again!

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home