Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cheater, Cheater!

I have never been very good on a diet. Two weekends ago I went to the yarn shop for another little giftie for my SP9 pal, and left $$$-something later, with this:

Okay, so this is actually SOCK yarn - one of the allowables on the yarn-diet. I may or may not use this for socks, tho - I'm thinking another one of these, so this purchase may have actually been illegal. The jury is still out on this one.

Hmmmm, try as I might, this is definitley NOT sock yarn, and 100% illegal. In my defense, I think I was hypnotized by the dazzling deep purple color of this. Plus, it's Misti Alpaca. C'mon - a girl can only be so strong when faced with that kind of softness! Guilty as charged.

This is 100% an allowable purchase. Not only is it sock yarn, but it was purchased as a gift. I plan to send this to my former MIL. This yarn shop has this yarn specially made for them. I think it's even officially called "Knit Happens." The real point is, it's pink and green, the official AKA colors, which Joyce is still very active in, and loves. I hope she has fun finding a use for this yarn. I think of her every time I see those colors, and since she's a knitter/crocheter too, I know she'll like it.
Oh, and on a last note - Winter has finally arrived in the DC area. Last week it snowed and, as usually happens around here lately when there's snow, we were visited by a tiny angel:

I love it when that happens!

:O)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Heather, thanks for the note on my blog. Monkey socks are in the archives on Knitty.com. It's a complicated looking pattern but actually pretty easy.

The Koigu is a dream. I've never knit socks with it. In fact I've only used it once for a scarf that I have yet to finish.

Lucky you that your LYS sells Lorna's Laces. I have to go to Asheville (2 hour drive but also my hometown) to get it! Same with the Koigu. But it's worth the drive.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home