Saturday, February 10, 2007

Here We Go! SP10

So, SP 9 ended last month (technicall), although my pal is still going to recieve something mentioned in the post below (just in case she's reading this now, I'll leave it a mystery!), and my own pal gifted me with this:
this past week. (Thank you so much, Bentley! You were a GREAT pal!!)I'm glad I wasn't the only extended gifter around. The three months really flew by, and I was thinking I had a bit longer than I did! Everyone appears happy, tho, and I am getting another chance in March with SP10! Here's the survey:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love, love, love anything soft – alpaca, merino, bamboo, etc. If we’re talking name-brands, I love Koigu and Misti Alpaca to death!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Several small bags specifically designed to hold needles and notions – I’m surprisingly very organized on this end!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 9-10 years, and would consider myself an intermediate knitter. Could probably be advanced if I were a bit more adventurous, but I love “predictable” knits and/or things that I am confident I can complete. I rarely go for super-challenging things like colorwork (although have been considering a very textured cardigan).

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope

5. What's your favorite scent? Lavendar

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? My sweet tooth has gotten me into the middle of a root canal, but I still love Hershey’s Kisses and Skittles! YUM-O

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Because of time, I only knit right now. I have tons of goodies to do scrapbooking for my son/family but never seem to get around to it – I usually have to wait for a snow day (like today!)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I am a huge jazz fan, and got an i-Pod for Christmas. My computer and i-Pod entertain me all the time now!

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite all time is red! There’s nothing I really don’t like, but I tend to steer clear of yellow by itself (it can be lovely in hand-dyed, tho).

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I currently live with my son, mother, father, and grandmother in one itty-bitty house! Hopefully will change soon!

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? All of the above.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, hats, shawls

13. What are you knitting right now? I am in the middle of a shawl (Flower Petal from Elann.com)- currently kicking my arse, and a sweater (Greek Pullover – IK 2005), and I’m madly planning a hat collection for a friend who is expecting her second baby in the Fall.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular in any form, although wood is the top choice if available.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a swift available to me – it belongs to my Grandmother, and one day, I’m sure, will be mine!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? You don’t want to know! I have the pieces of a sweater on my desk that is over a year old, but I am unhappy with the way it is going, so really it needs to be frogged!

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect? TURTLES! (I’m a University of Maryland alumus – Go Terps!)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I want to collect the Yarn Harlot’s books – I really love her wit and humor, and she's a master knitter! I already have "Knitting Rules!", and also have a gift subscription to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not right now – I want to master what I know already!

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am a sock knitter. My foot is a size 8 ½ to 9, women’s US.

23. When is your birthday? May 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home