Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Harry Potter, Socks, and a swap! Yay!

Whew - talk about under the wire. I decided to actually check my subscription e-mail messages today (I joined several monthly swaps last summer, and really only somewhat keep up with them nowadays.) I can never remember which month we are on for the Six-Socks KAL (they get a new pattern every other month), so decided to check it out. In the messages, I saw the word "Horcrux" in a title. Um, that's HP, isn't it? YEP, U bet! So I dug a little deeper, found a link to TillyNoodle's blog, where she had info on this the Hogwarts Sock Swap posted. And, it looked like there might still be time to sign up. The swap was to include 100 participants, there was a post marked with a time only (I guess because it was posted TODAY at a certain time, as opposed to a different date. . . I'm a very novice blogger) saying something about "today" being the last day probably, etc, etc. So, I took one of the quizzes (I'd actually taken one before - surprise, surprise - results are posted here a couple months back), got sorted into Gryffindor (Yay again), and e-mailed to be included.

Remember I said the swap was only taking 100 participants? I was number 99! Yay. AGAIN! I am really looking forward to it!

So, without anymore babbling, here's my questionnaire:

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Gryffindor!

2. Shoe size? US Women’s 9.

3. Foot Length? 10 inches (25.5 cm)

4. Foot Circumference? 9 ¼ inches (23.5 cm)

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.
a. Bryspun size 2’s (5 inch length)
b. Clover/Takumi size 2
c. OK - I know this is not a DP listing, but my personal FAVORITE to knit socks on is a size 3, 12” addi turbo – this is for my basic sock pattern that I first learned to knit socks with, and is my most comfortable/familiar pattern!

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I would really like to try the “magic loop”/two-at-a-time, double circular needle method. Isn't it Addi Turbos that are called for in this method? Either way, I like knitting socks on size 2’s at the SMALLEST!!! Size 1’s just extend the torture – I'm not that patient, I just want my socks already!!!

7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference? Sorry – sorted into Gryffindor (not really sorry about that!)

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? Sure!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another Gryffindor right here! Just checking to see who is in the swap :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home