Friday, November 24, 2006

Scattered, Random Happenings

Even though I sometimes feel like I have no life (It could be more exciting, I guess), things have been very busy around here lately.

To start, of course, I've been a knitting fiend. I've decided that the two Christmas Knitting projects just weren't enough. So, that great sister of mine gets yet another knitted gift this year! And this for the girl who swears she hates knitted gifts. Either I like torturing her, or I'm purposely coming up with things she will like. Either way, here's the beginning of her knitted package:

There will be store-bought goodies to go with it, but if she doesn't like the utensils I am creating, she can always give them back! I love this cloth pattern. It's the Darrel-Waltrip pattern, found here Does wonderfully with variegated yarns, and I plan to knit the bamboo given to me by my secret pal into this pattern as well. I feel like the texture scrubs a bit better. Who knows if it's true, but it looks good!

I've also been doing this:

DANG IT! BLOGGER WON'T LET ME UPLOAD PICTURES FOR THE THIRD DAY IN A ROW. I MIGHT NEED A CHANGE OF LOCATION . . . .!!!!! SOON!!!!!!



That would be one "Sizzle" - looks finished, right? But not quite! In fact, it's being ripped out. I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of the horrible mess I created by frogging Baby Alpaca!!! That stuff does not want to let go! It's a mess. I (*^%$'d up the back of the sweater and will have to spend some time (ha ha) figuring out how to get it back to two live sections on holders and the center of the back bound off. One day. I had visions of wearing this to work last week, seeing as how the end of the SKC knit-along for this one was on the 15th, but the knitting fates had other ideas. HA!

Then, there's been The Boy's swimming class finale. In which the parents are allowed to watch (they aren't allowed to be in the same room for the other classes. It took me a long time to be comfortable with this aspect of the class. Until the one day when I realized how much of a crazy man he is in the water, and thought to myself "I probably don't WANT to know what's going on in there! As long as I pick him up safe and sound at the end of the class, I'm good!") He, of course, is still a fish! He even went over and "saved" a classmate of his who was stuck in the corner and couldn't seem to kick her feet hard enough to propel herself forward. If the camera had been charged enough to be on for the whole 45 minutes, I'd have taken a picture of my son and the instructor both helping this little girl out of the corner. Instructor on one side, The Boy on the other. He's too grown! And, here's the proof that he's still a fish:

???WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO SEE A PICTURE HERE? IT'S REALLY CUTE!!

He'll be in the "Stroker's" class next time, but we are waiting for Spring for that.

And, finally, Thanksgiving. This year my aunt (whom I have always called "Muffet" - really confusing to me as a child!), her daughter, and her daughter's three teenagers came to visit. With their dog. And my aunt's dog. We had a very, very full house.

The Boy was thrilled. He thinks Sara is his long-lost sister. She agrees. They are inseperable, and I didn't have to play mommy all day long. I love this child. She casts a spell over The Boy each and every time she sees him, and he follows her around like a puppy. Of course, she gets climbed on, jumped on, and trampled, but she appears to love it! See:


Here's all the kiddos:
THEY'RE ALL CUTE AND SMILING, SITTING ON THE COUCH TOGETHER. . . WOULDN'T YOU LOVE TO SEE IT???



Here's the dogs:

TWO, HUGE GOLDEN LABS - IN THIS SMALL HOUSE. YOU'D HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT, BLOGGER!!!




Here's the "Old Ladies"!!!! My mom, my aunt, and my grandmother. See a resemblance? Scary, huh?

THIS IS A GREAT PIC, TOO - INCREASING LEVELS OF GREY HAIR, SAME BONE STRUCTURE. AGAIN, HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home