Saturday, September 23, 2006

F#@%!!!

I hate it when I am moved to curse, but last weekend, I swear, I SWORE about 100 times! I had to take the PRAXIS II exams for my teaching certification. No biggie, right? I mean, I've taken two different levels of the Arizona Educator's whatcha-ma-jiggy, so I should be okay with this, right? I had thought "maybe I should study. . ." but, then, well, the reality of my life - I am a first year teacher - set in, and I barely had time to eat, let alone study for an exam that I might, in all reasonableness, already be prepared for.

Well, 101 F#@%'s later, I'm not so sure I'm as smart as I thought. That sucker was hard! I mean, I was an English major in my past life - for my first degree, and on some of those literature questions (that were supposed to be geared towards knowledge that an elementary student - max of 8th grade - would be expected to answer) I was like - "huh"???? And then, just for good measure, to make sure I knew I was pissed at myself, I had to throw in that expletive. A number of times!

Then, there was the whole issue of the very unprofessional testing proctors at Bowie State University. That's a whole nother blog entry entirely, and I have to go sign up for Sock Wars so that I can make sure I'm not about to be assassinated. . . maybe I'll have time later to go into the unbelievable happenings just actually trying to TAKE that test. Oh the horrors!

:O)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara Kirby said...

Hahah, Oh Heather I'm so sorry. But I know how you feel with the cursing thing. I'm sure you did fine. Damn those required tests!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home