Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Busy Bee!

It's been a long time since my last post, but things here have been pretty busy. Monday was the first day back for teachers at school, and today I managed to even leave one hour LATER than Monday, which I said I was not going to do. I had forgotten how much work it took to turn a bare classroom into a pleasant learning environment. Oy! I'm bone-tired - exhausted even, but yet I woke up at 1:30 this morning with this thought: "No, that bookcase can't go there, it will block my view of the students!" And try as I might, I could not yell at myself loud enough, apparently, to stop the thoughts of my classroom running through my head! I wound up having to crack open a book and read (only about a page, mind you) myself back to sleep. And then I was good until 5:30 this morning. Seems I also always wake up 15 minutes before my alarm clock. I see sleeping pills in my future . . .

:O)

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

So do you have a theme for your classroom? Do you and other teachers compete for best room? Do you pay much attention to your teacher neighbors?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hmm, no theme for me - "bright" maybe since one of my coworkers said I had "a lot of color!" in there!!! I think that's a good thing - stimulating to young minds! I think there is an unspoken competition between the teachers for the best room. The only ones I really pay too much attention to are those on my same grade level, and that's cause we share the same space - open area classrooms. I'm going to post pics of my room as of yesterday, and then again after tomorrow, which will be "d-day" since school starts Monday!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home