Sunday, August 27, 2006

Tempting

The sweater I am working on currently is part of the SKC's
latest Knit-Along. It's a really beatiful sweater that is right in style for Fall. When I went to see The Devil Wears Prada with my friend Courtney, I was so amazed to see the lead character wearing an off-the-shoulder black sweater with a white, collared shirt underneath it. Apparently, layering is in this year. Great - because I was thinkin' it was going to take some new undergarments to wear this sweater properly. Me and The Girls need a bit of support, ya know?? Hee hee. I plan to wear the sweater as a layered ensemble most of the time.

But the pattern on this sweater is an all-over rib, and it really killed my hands. This may be the sweater that took me over the edge and actually gave me carpal tunnel! I've been sleeping with my mother's CT brace on my arm at night, and last weekend when I was cutting out nametags for my classroom - two of my fingers fell asleep and stayed that way all day. Uh oh. I can't wait until this sweater is finished to let my wrists rest! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Tons of other folks are finishing - just check them out!

But, without further ado, here is how far I have gotten:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sister Christian said...

Nice sweater! I've always wanted to learn knitting so that I could make my own socks, mittens and hats. I think that's something I'm gonna finally learn, this fall.

6:16 AM  
Blogger LisaBe said...

looks great! i like the longer sleeves. if i were making mine for myself, i'd definitely do the same, probably to just below the elbow.
i also started one needle size down after attaching the sleeves, hoping that would address any tendency to fall off the shoulders. i have a couple more inches to go before i attach the neck band, i think--so close!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for the compliments, ladies! I can't wait to finish this sweater, but school/work takes priority these days. I definitely wouldn't finish by the SKC deadline. I'm about at the same point, Lisa. I also cast on for the neckband and I'm toting that around with me for those spare knitting moments. Like when I show up to pick my son up from daycare and he tells me that he's not ready to go yet. Man, I hate that wasted time - he doesn't care if I'm there and I'm not doing whatever it was that I dropped to go get him. UG!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home