Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Humble

Before I get to the good stuff, let's get the "bad" out of the way.

I am a yoga LOVER. Early in the summer, I took a class where I pushed myself a bit too far. Bad move. I've been in pain since. For about the last month, I have cut way, way back on all activities, including yoga (which was pretty much the only "activity" period). I decided that was the best route to take when the tingling in my toes set in (it's my hip/groin - TMI? - that suffered the strain). Not a good sign. I went to my family practice doctor and was sent out for x-rays. They showed nothing. Nothing. Hrmph. Guess that means I'd better lay off the yoga for a while.

So, lately I have been doing nothing. HOWEVER! Over the last week and a half, I have taken to being passed on the athletic track by little old ladies. Very humbling.

The Boy's soccer practice was moved to the community fields where there's a football field and a real, live (if old) track. I decided I'd try to walk a mile each night to see if more normal types of activities (read, not stretching) would help to settle things back to where they belong. I think it's working, but I am VERY slow, determined not to over do it. On none of the nights have I raced around the track, and barely broke a sweat at any time. Tonight, however, I also felt some cramping in the calf of the same leg that is over-stretched, and I completely quit when a little old lady wearing an iPod (I didn't even have mine) passed me up as if I were standing still. Sheesh. I'm not this old yet!!! :/

Let's get a little cheery - here are some current projects:



I saw in a WEBS update that they now have the Harry Potter themed Opal sock yarns. My mother brought this back for me last month from Germany - it's a mini skein. I think it has probably 50-75 yards in it. What the HECK can I do with this? It's almost cute enough just to just stick around like it is!


Here's the final gift yarn all spun up and ready to go. Need to find a pretty, pretty box for it as a final touch. One Christmas present down, and how many to go?



Here's my October challenge spinning. The theme is "Alice in Wonderland" and this is my interpretation for the Cheshire Cat. Somehow, I imagine him as orange and black, with a sly pink smile. The movie, however, shows him as pink and purple. Did I get this idea from the original book? Why am I thinking this way? My mind is definitely set, though, so it would be interesting to see where exactly I got the idea, but I'm not changing my mind, so no biggie! He's orange and black. Period. End of story.



Progress as of Sunday afternoon on my Tanglewood Cascading cardigan. Someone in the Sexy Knitter's Club has this as a nomination, and it would be nice to have others knitting with me. I plan to be finished soon, though - the pattern is so easily memorizable, I feel like I'm flying right along!

:O)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rani said...

Ooh oh oh. I hope you're feeling better.

That teeny tiny skein is hilarious! And yes... I have no idea what you'd do with it.

I'm off to check out Tanglewood Cascading Sweater on ravelry. It's GORGEOUS!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Melodye said...

Glad to see you back and hope you're back to speed soon! As for the teeny tiny skein, what about a mini sock for your keychain?

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could make one of those dangler things that you hang from your wrist to keep your roving in place...I don't know what they are called...Dazzlers? Dribblers?

Sorry to hear about your tingling toes...I am just getting feeling back in mine and now it HURTS. I kind of wish I couldn't feel it again. Oh well...they told me I had neurapraxia which is nerve damage from the shoes I was wearing. Maybe a massage might help? You, not me.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

OMG! What shoes were you wearing? Better stick to comfy-casual ugly shoes instead of the cute-shoes!!!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Have you thought about an adjustment by a chiropractor? You might be pinching something... I just know that it has helped me on more than one occasion... something about motherhood and those hips... ;) I hope you feel better, either way.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home