Thursday, August 02, 2007

How's My Logic?

Okay - tell me if this is faulty logic or not. I say NOT:

Back in June, my family went to the beach for a week. I, just having finished my first year back in the classroom, saw this - 7 days of not reporting to work - as an eternity, in which I would be able to get some internet surfing done, plan lessons for next year for my team, knit a bit, read a book, and maybe even listen to my ipod. (don't laugh so loudly - I am right here!)

I packed for all these possibilities, Apparently, I thought that the safest place for my ipod cord was with my laptop. I put it in with the laptop cords in that nice, safe little size zipper pocket.

This is a fact it seems I forgot the minute it was done. I have searched and searched for that cord. I undid every bag I took with me - even the knitting bags! Sheesh! I couldn't find it anywhere. But, since I was pretty sure I didn't take it out of anything, I neglected to do anything about it until recently. Before the trip this past weekend, I went to the lovely Target (you did use your French accent for that word, right?) and while I was there, I picked up an "air docking station." This was supposed to charge up the ipod, and also allow it to sync with the computer, etc, etc. When I bought it, I thought it was $49.99. Bad, I know, but nowhere near the $69.99 it actually was. I decided to hold off on opening the package and look around some more.

Well, lo and behold, I found it when I actually opened my laptop case yesterday to do some work - the work I was supposed to have been working on all Summer long! Oy!

So, this afternoon, I returned it, along with two sports bras that were (yay!) too big. The amount refunded to my credit card was just over $100.00. Aaaaaaaannnnnnddddd. . . . .


That means I'm thinkin' that this yarn:

Was actually FREE YARN, cause it cost less than half that, and I didn't go buying more stuff at Target after the return, so the $50-something I spent on the yarn and magazine never really even had an impact on my checking account balance.

How's THAT for logic?

Oh, and Bublie, don't look too hard - you may or may not be seeing the yarn that I may or may not be knitting up for you. Look away, look away!!!!!

:O)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bubblie said...

Why are you even questioning your logic. Of course it makes perfect sense! It's almost as though you've MADE money!

Spend away!

(I won't look) . . . fingers are crossed behind my back.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home