Sunday, July 08, 2007

Questionnaire and an Update

I have been trying like mad to finish reading HP and The Order of the Phoenix, in preparation for Wednesday! I am listening to the book on tape and knitting on the MS3 project at the same time. Updates later. And, uh, it just so turns out (ahem!) that The Boy will be with the babysitter that day since I have a doctor's appointment that morning (ahem again!). I'm looking forward to doing luch with a girlfriend in Baltimore after the appointment, then catching the movie before battling traffic on the way home. How conveniently that all worked out.

So, since HP is so much on my mind lately, here's the next questionnaire for the NEXT round of the Hogwarts Sock Swap (in which I will become a lofty "Second Year"!!):

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire
Second Years

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? GRYFFINDOR

2. Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference? SHOE SIZE 9, FOOT LENGTH 9 1/2 inches, CIRCUMFERENCE 9 inches around the middle (hrm - very square, eh?)

3. List your three favorite sock yarns.
a. Koigu
b. whatever I knit socks with last
c. whatever is soft (can you tell I'm not all that picky?)

4. Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand? Cherry Tree Hill, maybe, or STR.

5. Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn? Either

6. What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash? I seem to be on a red kick lately and don't have much in my stash (considering making a Clapotis out of the red Jitterbug I got in the Spring).

7. What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle? Lace, since my standard "no pattern" is ribbed these days.

8. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.) Very “sensitive" to 100% wool.

9. Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them? I do have a cat.

10. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? You bet!

Signups begin on June 14th, so all you HP/sock fans, get in on the action!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home