Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cute, Sexy = Frustration

Why is it always the cute, sexy ones that give me the fits?

This is my Sahara after much frustration, teeth gnashing, swearing, ripping (very, very much of that!), and an extra glass of vino or two! I tried SEVERAL times to get the patterned edge on the hem of the sweater, before ripping it out, forgetting the words "Diamond Rib" even existed on the pattern and substituting good old seed stitch on the hem of the thing! I plan to do the same for the sleeves and neckline. And, for the record, shortly after taking the above picture? I figured out I was doing the neckline wrong and would need to remove IT as well. Lovely.

I'm sure, once it's finished, it will be worth it, but right now, that thing is making me hate all things purple, and lately I really love purple!

I am also stalled a bit on my MS3 project - need to tink back at least one row to fix a mistake, but I'm thinking "one problem at a time." So, after I finish working out the kinks in Sahara, I'm going to work on the stole again. I figure I have until Friday to get through this clue for the stole. I'd also like to start a new project, but I'm trying to be a reasonable obsessive knitter and finish at least one of the 5 things I have going before I start something else.

And when I say 5 things going, I am probably underestimating seriously, so I'd better go get knitting.

I'll leave with a picture from today's trip to Fort Washington National Park, in which The Boy and I found a cute little strip of beach that's great for finding shells and, well, relaxing. Just look:


Enjoy!
:O)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bubblie said...

The Sahara is gorgeous! Hang in there! Can't wait to start knittin' up a pair of gryffisocks. Tee hee hee!

Bubblie

9:03 AM  
Blogger Lyra said...

Hello! My name is Lyra and I found your wonderful blog while I was searching for other folks who are knitting Sahara with Microspun (I have a lot of it, so I thought I'd use it. I didn't even think it was a yarn consideration.)

I hope you don't mind, but I have several questions: what needles did you use and how many balls do you think it'll take (or DID take?) Thank you so much!

Lyra

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home