Friday, December 26, 2008

For My Sister


The Boy liked his blanket!!!!

OK - before I am disowned, here's the pictures and info I've been promising!!! Sorry - there's so much to do - it's Christmas Break, after all!!!

For anyone who doesn't know, my sister is currently living in another country, far, far away. We miss her here on Christmas, and I'm trying to stage a family uprising to hold Christmas wherever she and her husband may be next year. Sounds like a good plan to me.

My sister is the undisputed QUEEN of online shopping. One mention of The Boy liking Leggos very, very much these days, brought us a Leggo Advent Calendar.



Who knew there even was such a thing? My sister, that's who!!!

The Boy was immensely pleased!!! He liked the days when he got "people" best of all.



Here he is, riding the bike that Santa gave him.

She also wanted to see pictures of Molly, our standard poodle. She's a mess. The name on her papers (from the breeder) is something like "La Vie en Rose." My mother wants to register her as Molly Malone (very Irish, no?) I jokingly call her "Molly Fru-fru" because I think poodles are just the most far-out dog. She WILL answer if you call out "Fru-fru." I think this means she knows it, too! Here she is walking on the leash with my mother on Christmas Day while The Boy rode his bike. She could hardly be contained (The Boy was loose, after all!), but looked very poddle-ish!!

She also is being cut, pretty much in the traditional, fru-fru (and you wonder why I call her that???) style. Which means that, in-between cuts, she can barely see. Last time she was due for a cut, we pinned her hair back with one of my clips. She left it in place all day, and I think she really enjoyed seeing what was above her in the world!!!

She also has a favorite bone. A marrow bone. Poodles have skinny snouts. She walks around, and even takes naps with the bone AROUND HER CHIN. You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried!!!




She does many, many more entertaining things. I will try to get a video of her catching a ball in the living room - a trick my ex taught her the other night. It took her 3 whole tries, and then she didn't leave him alone for two days! In between opening presents, she expected him to throw the ball for her.



She, of course, was the recipient of the latest edition of the family stockings in this house. She loved it!

She's really funny and a great dog. I'll also get a video of her searching the house up and down for The Boy when he's away at his dad's. She cannot accept that he isn't here, and sniffs around the whole house, checking in his room over and over again.

That Molly Fru-Fru, she's a keeper!!!

Here she is watching TV with The Boy.

I promise to post all the fiber-y goodness from Christmas tomorrow, and tell you of my plans and resolutions now that I am about to be a WHEEL OWNER!!!!

:O)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The caldendar looks awesome. I think that will have to be a Christmas tradition from me to him...

Thanks for all the pictures of Molly. She really is a big dog. I bet Max thrashes her though...LOL.

Christmas at our pad next year sounds GREAT! You all can play ROCK BAND, and the crazy gift exchange with us!

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, that should be calendar. I'm sober...reall I am.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Uh-huh. Sure you are!

:O)

1:19 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

What a darling dog! Yup! She's definitely a keeper!

Cool blanket - Have a happy new year!!!!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I wish I had know about the lego advent calendar. I could have gotten it for my nephew. BTW - the blanket is beautiful!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home