Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy Meme-ing!

Here's a cute little holiday meme for ya:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, unless it’s an object that just won’t be wrapped neatly. Then it’s okay to shove it in a bag!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? As soon as possible – the first reasonable weekend that The Boy is here with me/us after Thanksgiving. When I rule the world, it will be the day after Thanksgiving!

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year’s Eve.

5. Do you like eggnog? Only in my coffee!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I am always excited every year by Christmas, so this is a tough one. Gotta love getting a bike for Christmas! I so clearly remember sneaking downstairs to peek at what Santa brought when I was 8, I think, and my sister and I nearly killing ourselves, tripping over the bikes in the dark! Then, I remember being outside all that day with the thing (yes, it was COLD!), so I’ll have to go with the bike!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad. I always feel bad that he doesn’t get a whole lot of gadgets and things to play with, but I’ve TOTALLY got him covered this year!! A close second is my Brother-in-law!

8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom. There’s usually a pile of gifts ready to go in my stash upstairs for her!! She’s too much like me, so she’s easy!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes – a ‘crèche” as my grandmother calls it. One of my new favorite holiday memories is my grandmother, a few years ago (I think she was 97 at the time), insisting on telling the story of the baby Jesus to my son. Thank GOD he had his manners on that day, and was too polite to tell her that the “baby Jesus” she was holding was really a lamb!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh, shoot! Cards!!! (This happens every year!)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Is there such a thing?

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? While You Were Sleeping (Sandra Bullock)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually? When I can, here and there. I usually do the bulk of The Boy’s stuff in the traditional holiday season.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I might have used a not-so-favorite gift for that good old office party game a time or two . . .

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham

16. Favorite Christmas songs? Ave Maria, Barbara Streisand’s version of ‘Jingle Bells.’

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. I hated traveling when I was married. Too much traffic and it always felt rushed!

18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas Day.

19. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds. Used to be getting report card grades done before going on vacation, but NOT THIS YEAR!!!!

20. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like red all year long, and especially at Christmas! Red ornaments on a tree lit with white lights is my favorite!

21. What do you want for Christmas this year? An Ashford Joy spinning wheel, or the cash to help me buy one!

22. If you don’t celebrate Christmas, what holiday do you celebrate. I’m a Christian, celebrating Christmas!



:O)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I am crying because I totally forgot about that Baby Jesus = Lamb story. LOL! Gotta love it!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I am crying because I totally forgot about that Baby Jesus = Lamb story. LOL! Gotta love it!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home