Saturday, November 03, 2007

Oh. My. Goodness!

Rani, you are the coolest! I absotive-ly LOVE the socks! You rock, girl!

For the rest of you, I participated in Hogwarts Sock Swap Two, which ended Halloween night. I mailed my package to my pal off the next day. I know, I suck.

So, Rani was my pal this time around, and we knew about each other. Weird, but interesting at the same time. I could "get to know" her a bit more than at other times, in other swaps. She's a great sock knitter, and I watched her knit several socks that would "match" the colorways of this swap (we're both in Gryffindor House). So, how shocked was I to open my package to find these lovelies were for me, me, me:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The package came Halloween night, and I did indeed wear them trick-or-treating with The Boy to keep my toesies warm. They are lovely and not at all itchy - is this Smooshy, too, Rani? How funny!

I love them. Possibly, they are the sexiest socks I've ever seen. Can socks be sexy? These are! The remind me of a pinup girl, for some reason!

She also sent along several other goodies. Plenty of sock yarn, as you can see - I love the Regia - very good, standard yarn. Plus some cotton in a colorway that is too, too fun. I'm dying to try the Cream of Wild Rice Soup - my mom and I are drooling over this, and planning on trying it on Monday when The Boy is having dinner with his daddy (he's not too fond of soup). I also love the magnets and candles, and The Boy will handle up on the Mosquito Eggs and pressed washcloth. He loves those!

In all, this was a very fun swap, and for now, this is my last. I took a break from the Secret Pal exchange this time around, and I'm going to forgo this one as well (if they have another round). I love the interaction, and will probably stalk the blog, but I have a lot of knitting to do, and don't want to let anyone down by missing a deadline (again, sorry, Rani!). I have too many deadlines in my life, so I'll wait until the Summer to do another swap of any kind. I do love participating, but want to take it easy for a while!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! And how funny, my sister and her husband refer to my son as "The Boy"!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

WOW! Those sock are BEAUTIFUL!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

HA HA HA! I LOVE MY PACKAGE!!! YOU ROCK!!! It was SOOOOO fun to open. And your letter was so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes (PMS?)!

COOL COOL COOL! I still have to post it on Hogwarts. That's next. and I love that you changed the color in your blog! I TOTALLY FELL FOR IT! I though OMG - I think she might have the wrong house information. tee hee hee. I love it all and can't wait to use the yarn and the needles!

Thanks so much, Heather!!!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE the socks!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky girl, those were awesome. I'm envious.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home