Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not Tellin'

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I absolutely WILL NOT post the pics of my haul from Stitches East this past weekend.

I mean, why embarass myself like that? Why let the ENTIRE BLOGOSPHERE in on my weakness when it comes to buying yarn?

I'd rather not.

No, you'll have to settle with seeing each project as it rolls around, and hopefully that will be more often than it has been lately. I'm already well into the SKC KAL sweater, "Tree Jacket" - see:


And I've given myself permission to knit on it this week, but have reserved the weekend for finishing the socks for my Hogwarts Sock Swap (2) pal. I hope she doesn't think I've forgotten about her! I also hope she thinks the Stitches pause was worth it - I did find some great things to finish off her package. Now that I've visited Stitches and finished up the gifties, it's definitely time to bind off her last sock, get the cuffs right (I went and did a fancy cuff that is doable, but a bit of a stretch for my talents), get her package together and find the "owl" that will deliver it to her. If you're not a Harry Potter fan, you probably don't get that, but trust me, this is all normal!!

I did have a great time at Stitches, though. I only bought yarn that had a purpose (well, unless it was sock yarn, but hey - it's sock yarn - it has a purpose built-in, right?), but apparently, I can find lots of purposes for yarn these days! I may have to cancel my birthday trip to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, and I've already told myself that I can't go back to Stitches next year unless I've knit 5 garments. Most of those planned are cardigans or jackets - I think they are wonderful to have around for comfortable, professional work clothes, so I will hopefully be very diligent in my quest.

And, I met a couple fellow knit-bloggers - Robin, Jenny, and Marjorie. They were all lovely, we had a great time together, laughed a bunch, talked a ton, and had a great time relaxing after a bit of great yarn shopping. Wonderful. As soon as I figure out how to do a sidebar, these three ladies are on my list - in a good way! :O)

I've also planned a hat for my son in Berocco's Jasper yarn - a bright red to wear with his Spider Man coat this Winter, and some sock yarn in multi-colors from Ellen's 1/2 Pint for him as well. He is very excited that he is on the list for socks, finally. I've done hats for him before, but my mom has always done sweaters (and he's always too warm, so I kinda feel like that's overkill), and I'm hoping his feet have stopped growing at lightning speed so that socks won't be a total waste! Just in case, I'll knit them from the cuff down so that the toe can be ripped, picked up, and added onto!!

I'm looking forward to a lot of great knitting, but again, I refuse to take one collective picture of the haul. It's way too embarrassing!

:O)

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

awwwww, go ahead!!! LOL i wanna see! your yarn for tree jacket looks FANTASTIC!!!! Its beautiful!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Speaking of Hogwarts sock swap... I have been wearing my socks! Oh, they are so nice and I think happy thoughts about you each time I put them on. Thanks again. :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

It was great meeting you! And to think, I knew that Tree Jacket when it was just a wee ball of yarn. I can't wait to see it all grown up!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Tree Jacket looks awesome! It was great meeting you in person!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home