Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Best Movie Ending EVER!

So, I'm knitting/cleaning/watching TV today. It's a lazy Sunday afternoon! TBS has on a pretty good lineup. Just finished watching "You've Got Mail" with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. That is, to me, the best movie ending ever! It's kind of a sappy/sweet movie throughout, but the ending really makes the movie. When she says "I wanted it to be you" to him, it really brings the tears to my eyes! Bravo to those writers. That's exactly what she should have said at that moment. And exactly what he wanted to hear, so it makes it all the better!

Now I'm watching Step-Mom. That has a pretty good ending, too. Maybe that's the theme of the movies today? Because at the end of this one, when the whole family is together for Christmas, that really gets to me, too. Not to mention the fact that the Susan Sarandon character realizes she's not going to be around for her children anymore and is a big enough woman to welcome/embrace the presence of "the other woman" in her husband's life as the new woman who will be raising her children. UH! I'm crying already just thinking about it. I always cry at this movie. Why am I watching?????? Good thing The Boy is coming back this afternoon, 'cause I'd have to turn it off if I knew I wasn't going to be seeing him anytime soon! Maybe that's why this movie gets to me this much - because I don't ever want to think about this whole scenario EVER playing out in my own life!

:O\

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I cry at those movies too. Every time. Glad you made it to the meetup on Saturday!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

:O) Thanks for visiting my blog! I really liked the meetup - wish it were closer! I'll try to make all the Saturday meetings I can, and of course, the extras, when they work into my schedule like the one this past weekend did! It's hard to take time away from my son, but occasionally, I may just have to do it as a mini-vacation!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home