Saturday, May 27, 2006

?Good Idea?

I may be crazy, but I signed up for the Amazing Lace challenge!
It really sparks my interest because: 1) I was doing student teaching and writing mad papers for a class at the same time as the Olympic Knitting Challenge. I was really excited about that, and joined the challenge in my own way, attempting to knit a pair of socks for my grandmother at the time. I only completed one. Bummer, no medal for me. But I had no time. After all, I do want a job teaching one day (a job which I have been offered, by the way, thank you!. . .anyone have some good tips and tricks for first graders? . . . .) so that means I had to actually take my "job" seriously and not knit during planning time or skate my way through papers for my class - wouldn't want to muck up my excellent grade point average!

And 2) the second reason for wanting in on this challenge? Christmas and my mother. That may look like two reasons, but it's really one big, great reason. My mom (and dad) has been great about letting me stay here with The Boy and finish up my degree/get back on my feet after the big "D." She deserves the shrug she has been hinting at for Christmas, right? Only my knitting ADD will have me working on ten million things other than that if not given the proper motivation! So this challenge may just be it! The shrug I want to knit for her is lace (Knitty's "Convertible"), and this is a lace challenge, after all.

'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home