Monday, January 11, 2010

My Excellent Mail Day

The other day I had the best mail day. Ever.

I'd been doing ((ahem)) a bit of swapping on Ravelry and thinking that I was due a package. Besides that, I'd also purchased a fleece from Vermont to split with some of the ladies in my spinning group.

Sooooo, was I ever happy to see this in the living room when I came home last Thursday evening!!!


The big one was, of course, the fleece - 6 pounds of a silver/grey BFL-Cotswold cross. It's lovely.
I have the best, most handsome mail helper, too!

I washed it all in small bits last weekend.

Well, at least my 2 pounds of it!! Very nice to way to spend a weekend, if you ask me!!


Now I have this pile of wonderful, silvery fluff waiting for me!!

The other large-ish box contained more fleece that I'd ordered from Etsy. It's cormo that's been dyed in the fleece-y state. The result is like little clouds of color that are ready to be hand-carded (think really, really big dog combs)into "rolags" that are then spun up on my wheel (or a spindle!).
The colors were inspired by a fallen leaf in the woods, and I think they're just fabulous. Can't wait to card and spin it!

The last, small flat box was a nice surprise. It was my last shipment for the Intentions Yarn Club, which turned out to be a sampling of some dyeing techniques. There were 6 or so mini sock yarn skeins along with some yummy teas and a sample product from the dyer's OTHER/new business, I think. Smells wonderful.
I think I'll take the mini-skeins to my knit group on Saturday to see what they think of a possible way to use them all together. Either that or I'll be gifting them, which is more likely.

:O)

4 Comments:

Blogger Saren Johnson said...

Those mini skiens have great colors. How about something enterlac?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Rani said...

That IS the best mail day ever! I can't wait to see that whole process - fleece to finished yarn. Take pictures of the carding. I have no idea what that looks like...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Rani said...

ps. YES, you do have the best, most handsome mail helper!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

How about some chevron love mittens?
rav link:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chevron-love-mittens

your fleece is beautiful... I take it you kept the wheel?

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home